Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Off Topic
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ford 9inch vs quick change rear end 11 years 11 months ago #32446

• SRF_Dirt!
  • SRF_Dirt!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 54
which one do you prefer and why
liftins for pussies, dont let no one tell you otherwise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: ford 9inch vs quick change rear end 11 years 11 months ago #32447

for a modified...quick change no doubt. Lets see, when you need a gear change in a short amount of time on race night, you change the 2 little gears in a quick change in about 20 minutes versus a 9" you would have to change the whole chunk, set them up etc...
Mississippi Bad Boy

Re: ford 9inch vs quick change rear end 11 years 11 months ago #32448

• SRF_Dirt!
  • SRF_Dirt!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 54
im running a 9inch ford i bet i could change out the rear end carrier in 15 minutes by my self because ive done it prolly 10 to 15 times within the 2 years of pitting for my dads driver (scotty null) for the asa midwest sportsman tour.
liftins for pussies, dont let no one tell you otherwise

Re: ford 9inch vs quick change rear end 11 years 11 months ago #32461

Myself , I liked the classes I ran in with the QC. I always wondered how the powers that be could figure that a 9" was cheaper to run than a qc. Once the rearend is bought all you have is the cost of a gear set. If you run multipule tracks chunks get expensive. I never could figure how mod classes thought it was cheaper. Plus, if your smart enough to change your gear a coupla teeth before a main when a track has slicked off, whats the problem ? Believe it or not but in the mid 70's at Eldora and the tracks that Earl owned we were allowed qc in hobby stocks.

Re: ford 9inch vs quick change rear end 11 years 11 months ago #32463

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220

SRF_Dirt! wrote: which one do you prefer and why

For a rookie driver that only races 1 track I'd stay with the 9", esp. if you are in a limited HP class as they take less HP to run,are less likely to be damaged in a wreck and are easier to repair if you have a failure. Do use high end gear lube if running an overall gear 5.00 or deeper and be anal about setting them up right!
If you are running a full blown mod. go with a QC esp. if you race different tracks or run where the track loses the water truck keys during the course of the event.

Re: ford 9inch vs quick change rear end 11 years 11 months ago #32468

Hey Woods !!! If it takes you 20 minutes to change the gears in a qc rear.........you better stick to drivin.......lol....j/k with ya man !!!
Having done both, I agree with BW. If you plan on doing alot of traveling to different tracks though, qc would be the way to go as long as the track allows it for the class of car you are running. Nothing like being called to line up for the feature, then my driver would say, "hey lets change gears". Ah, those were the good ol' days !!!!

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 16 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form