Monday, May 06, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
WFO
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15961

• Icefighter
  • Icefighter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
Looks like M&M/Mars has pulled their sponsorship from the 18 car.
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15963

Yeah I heard.
Race hard, or get outta my way.

See you on the track,

Tony

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15965

• xxx
  • xxx
  • Thank you received: 6
nascar needs to lose all its sponsorship
turn back into racing , let the drivers have personalities
stop being a whore for marketing and commercials
xxx

Last edit: by Icefighter.

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15966

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
BLS db wrote:

nascar needs to loose all its sponsorship
turn back into racing , let the drivers have personalities
stop being a whore for marketing and commercials

Its not about the racing anymore its about the $$$
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15970

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
There still gonna sponsor him next year. Fatty.
JFR

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15975

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Im not FAT im FLUFFY!!!

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15977

• xxx
  • xxx
  • Thank you received: 6
now , just think about this...

what if , nascar stopped racing the ultra high dollar stuff
put thier drivers in the pavement late models that run weekly everywhere in the country
then they could travel , just like the national dirt late model tours do
and race against local guys

i think that would be a way better arena to showcase these guys talents
ya big time money wouldnt be there

but that brings me to another thought i always have that isnt exactly on topic - sports stars and atheletes do not deserve to paid so much for doing nothing but playing a game

nascar is part of what is ruining dirt late model racing , the heads of the national dirt late model tours see the potential for deeper pockets , keep trying to get to the "next level" - surprise - there isnt a next level

look at how WoO Sprints is treating Jason Sides , Sides is sueing WoO and thier parent company

im sick of the money running the show , there are a few series out there that do it right
nascar - is not one of them

ok enough of my afternoon rant
xxx

Last edit: by xxx.

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15987

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Why is Sides suing WoO?

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15988

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Sprint Car Driver Sues WRG/WoO
November 2, 2011 Ron Meyer Leave a comment Go to comments
Randy Palmer sent me the following link regarding sprint car driver Jason Sides suing World Racing Group, parent corporation of the World of Outlaws sprint car series. Apparently Sides raced in a non-WoO sanctioned event in North Dakota, and the series not only cut his tow fees and pit passes, but have stated no matter where sides finishes in the WoO standings, he is getting only last place money-about a $40,000 difference.

My initial reaction to this was “say what?” OK, it was a little nastier than that, but either way I am left wondering how the sanctioning body can do this. I will admit to not knowing all the legal niceties, but drivers are not employees of the sanctioning body, they are independent contractors, and should be able to race where they want, when they want, and not be subject to such chicanery.

To me this is just a really nasty version of idiotic rules promoters and sanctioning bodies come up with to control individuals they have no right to control, like a driver has to race x times to receive the published point money, or has to attend a year end banquet to receive his full share of prize money. Can you say “bush league?”

It is the same kind of thinking that leads sanctioning bodies to schedule a competing race the same night another tour has a race scheduled at a nearby track-it would not surprise me at all if the WRG schedules a race within 100 miles of I-80 Speedway around or during the Silver Dollar Nationals. Call it control, call it power, call it ego, call it race track politics, it sucks. Such tactics hurt fans and drivers, do nothing for a tour’s bottom line, and contribute to the sport being unable to rise out of minor league status with the media.

I hope Sides has a good attorney and a receptive judge willing to show the WRG that outrageous actions like this are not acceptable treatment of race drivers.

Link:

www.indianaopenwheel.com/showthread.php?t=54680

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #15999

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
Sides ran a All Star Sprint Race Series race in Fargo, North Dakota. I think the WoO where in the area(Grand Forks, ND I think) on an off night so he went down to Fargo which is 70 miles south of Grand Forks. I know Tony Stewart ran that night in Fargo, along with Donnie Schatz( As you prolly know, Donnie drives for Tony, and the Shatz's run and promotethe facility in Fargo). I know some Kasey Kahne Sprint car teams were there also, and i dont think they were penalized. I also remember reading that Sides called the WoO promoter and asked if he could run this race, the promoter never answered so he went ahead and raced it cuz he figured it would just be ok but apparently not.

Here is a link to a forum with some good stuff about it.
forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.asp?webta...020racing%2Fmessages
JFR

Re: Kyle Busch 12 years 5 months ago #16025

• VLR_Kp
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 58
Thats alright the Interstate 18 looks a lot better than the m&ms car anyways!

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 50 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form