Sunday, May 12, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 11 months ago #51415

• BMS
  • BMS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
OK I'm going to release a beta version of Woodhull Raceway for grip testing and what not. Please post any feedback in this thread and i will adjust the final version accordingly. This is only a beta version so alot of the visual things are not complete such as trees and haulers and such.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 11 months ago #51424

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Woodhull looks really really great. I hit an 11.84 low and 11.99 top online. But there is a big bump in 3 and 4 if you hit it wrong and makes it really tough. So with a faster top side though it should be really good even though I didn't run up there a whole lot... Looks like the real thing though. Great work!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 11 months ago #51506

This is my home track! Thanks for making it!!!!! I can honestly say that the bump spoken of in 3 and 4 is just about right per what is raced on every saturday night!

Thanks again! just loaded it... cant wait to try it.
~RimRider~

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 11 months ago #51507

Ok... gonna be honest.... and not trying to be harsh.... it is a great design... but... the corners arent tight enough and the banking needs to be twice as much.... just a suggestion, I know it isnt easy to create these. but just trying to get to the realism factor.

still a great update!
~RimRider~

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 11 months ago #51512

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Thanks for your feedback. I know the corners are a bit tighter in real life. The banking does need to be adjusted some but no where near twice as much. 1. I didn't want the corners much tighter for a couple of reasons. It would only take away from the online racing with hardly any passing lanes and we are limited in how much banking we can use without making the track super rough. And even though rough tracks are a part of "real" racing it only takes away from the quality of racing in this "game"

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 11 months ago #51517

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
A tighter track would be cool and make it tougher if you did decide to do that.

And I've noticed that pretty much every single time someone makes a track, there's always one or two guys who is saying that the banking needs to be at least double lol. I don't know why they say this when in every video and picture the banking is obviously not banked nearly as much as they would have you to believe. It's pretty ridiculous that everyone thinks their local track is banked straight up and down.

There are few tracks in dtr2 that I would say are probably underbanked a decent amount and most of them are really high banked tracks that we couldn't make even more high banked without dealing with tons of bumps like Tazewell, Volunteer, and a couple others.

For future reference, no your local track is not banked double or triple what it is in the game unless you can provide pictures showing otherwise since we do go by pictures and videos that we have already.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004
The following user(s) said Thank You: BMS

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 10 months ago #52217

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
I agree with Shock on the 3-4 hi bump thing, should be racey with a lil work , otherwise a sweet lil track, sorry to take so long getting feedback.... somehow forgot to run this one but thanks for your trackmaking efforts.

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 4 months ago #55974

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Woodhull 2014 to be released today. This is primarily an online version of the track. I will be releasing an OFL (offline) of this very soon with much better AI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS_BW43

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 4 months ago #55988

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Woodhull 2014 will be tonites track at Last Race of the Day 11 PM est BLS Vent Gen 5

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 4 months ago #56033

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Well we ventured out to Woodhull where I was surprised when I realized I've been there before! You didn't include the bathroom in the infield, which is 2 pieces of plywood on the sides as you stand there behind the signs looking up at the grandstands right there infront of you. Yes they can see you standing there, they can't see what you're doing exactly, but ohhhh they know....

Moving on, Great track! Can run bottom and be quick, topside is fast but really easy to overdrive and end up in the wall off turn 4. Nice tricky track that calls for the driver to be good and consistent! Can't wait to run some more on it and see how other chassis handle on it.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*
The following user(s) said Thank You: BMS

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 4 months ago #56036

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Was a fun race at Woodhull 2014 :woohoo: ...... Gr8 Job all involved in its making...... I'm sure many other chassis should race good there J Mac.. except those %#!%&%$@$ BBM :sick:

Woodhul 2013 Beta 10 years 4 months ago #56038

• Gei$ler
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 221

VLR_Shock wrote: A tighter track would be cool and make it tougher if you did decide to do that.

And I've noticed that pretty much every single time someone makes a track, there's always one or two guys who is saying that the banking needs to be at least double lol. I don't know why they say this when in every video and picture the banking is obviously not banked nearly as much as they would have you to believe. It's pretty ridiculous that everyone thinks their local track is banked straight up and down.

There are few tracks in dtr2 that I would say are probably underbanked a decent amount and most of them are really high banked tracks that we couldn't make even more high banked without dealing with tons of bumps like Tazewell, Volunteer, and a couple others.

For future reference, no your local track is not banked double or triple what it is in the game unless you can provide pictures showing otherwise since we do go by pictures and videos that we have already.

Except for lernerville2k9 which has twice the banking then in reAl life :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 77 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form