Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Downloading 13 years 3 months ago #2937

Ive been comin here for a while tryin to get new cars, skins, chassis etc..The only things Ive been able to get are a late model package deal and a billy moyer skin. I havent been able to get anything else. Ive been trying to get the World of Outlaw package "skins and chassis" and havent been able to. I really would like to get some help with downloading things please!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Downloading 13 years 3 months ago #2938

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
At first glance, it sounds like you don't have a program to open .zip or .rar files. I would suggest you download a program called winrar (search for it on google) and then come back and try to download other things and see how it works for you. That's assuming the stuff actually downloads, but doesn't install...if it doesn't download at all when you clicked it sounds like you could have other problems.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Downloading 13 years 3 months ago #2944

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok 1st we need to know what are you downloading and where.. Everything will download its opening them your problem ??? Myself when i download something I download to my desktop, open the file and drag the inside file out, then i'll check to see if there is another file inside that, if not then i'll open my games file and then drag the file to where it belongs..Self extracting files will ask you to oen or save, open and they will download into whatever they are directed to.save and you can do it at a later time.. I've seen on this a few different files used and you will need a program to use the rar file and winzip.. I know all my files are just compressed which all you do is what i said at the beginning..Hope this helps , if not just keep asking and we'll get through and going.. Its hard at 1st but after a few times it gets simple..trust me on that one.. yenko2

Re: Downloading 13 years 3 months ago #2959

Ive been trying to download anything and everything that is late models. I love late Models and I'm trying to get new cars, skins and even classes so I can race wore than just the plain classes on the game. I just recently tried to get the World of Outlaws package for the game and it wont open. Ive downloaded whatever from the website and then I try and extract it to the game and nothing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Re: Downloading 12 years 3 months ago #21347

There are two new skins for Moyer in skins LM folder one black car and one red&yellow. they are not exact but look good hope you like em.

Re: Downloading 12 years 3 months ago #21396

babyboy200488 wrote: Ive been trying to download anything and everything that is late models. I love late Models and I'm trying to get new cars, skins and even classes so I can race wore than just the plain classes on the game. I just recently tried to get the World of Outlaws package for the game and it wont open. Ive downloaded whatever from the website and then I try and extract it to the game and nothing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The best thing to do is download teamviewer www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx and have one of us walk you through the process once...or you can log on yahoo, then hop in a vent channel and let us walk you through that way. My yahoo is stephenskaggs2004 I will help you anytime you catch me on man. In the meantime try downloading some cars and skins from my site. www.stephen33.webs.com or my team's download page www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8a6e688961636fb6a5ad

Here is kind of a "fool proof" way to get them into your game. You Don't have to follow these instructions...and I understand there are thousands of ways to do this but this is what has worked best for me!

1. The first thing you need to do is find the location of your DTR2 game. Create a shortcut to this folder on your desktop and name it "DTR2 Game Folder". This will ensure that your always putting stuff in the correct place because I've got several drives on my computer and when I installed the game it installed on 4 of the 7 drives I've got for some reason. Anyway....

2. Once you have your shortcut you will then to go into your game folder. You see a list of game files like this.....
data
mods
sponsors etc....

3. Open your data folder and create the following "new folders"
Cars
Skins
Setups
Tracks

Once this is done then you can start place your downloaded files into your game.

4. The most common issue I had at first was place folders with folders inside of them into the game so to prevent that I always download the file to my desktop even self extracting files. This way I know exactly where they go because I place them their.

5. Once you have the file on your desktop it will most likely be zipped or compressed so you will need to extract or unzip or extract if a self extracting file. Once again do this to your desktop.

6. When you get an unzipped file or regular looking folder open it and make sure its not a folder inside a folder, if so you'll have to take the folder inside...not the first one your opened.

7. Now you can either copy and paste them or just drag them into your game folders which you will now have a shortcut right there on your desktop to save you from having to search through your computer to find it.....

The most common problems people have when attempting this is they place files in the wrong folders. or they try to put stuff in the game while the game is running. The only thing that I know you can put into the game while it is open is setups. So anything else make sure your game is closed and make sure you do the following:

Chassis in Cars folder
Skins in Skins folder
Setups in Setups folder
Tracks in Tracks folder

Hoped this helps BadBoy...and like I said add me on yahoo, stephenskaggs2004 and I'll help ya any chance I get! Good luck and see ya on the track man!!

[img size=480x180]s3.excoboard.com/forums/16470/user/156906/140210.jpg[/img]

Last edit: by BLS_Stephen33.
  • Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 50 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form