Thursday, May 16, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help with newer Ratbag games... 13 years 8 months ago #1517

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Well I don't know if anyone will have a solution for this, but it has been bothering me for a few months since I'd like to get on and play some other Ratbag games.

However, anytime I try to play WoO2002, Saturday Night Speedway, or Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville, the games load up and just sit at a black screen and I have to use CTRL+Alt+Delete to fix.

I am on Windows Vista and I have played these games on this same PC before so I'm at a loss to what could be causing it...does anyone have any idea? It just sits on a black screen with that swirly thing on Windows Vista swirling around until I end the task in Windows Task Manager

It doesn't matter which of those games I play it does that, and it's only those games that Ratbag makes (other than dtr2 and older)...any idea?
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Help with newer Ratbag games... 13 years 8 months ago #1521

Hey Shock, I know with all the 300 plus tracks that I run in DTR2 that if the game disc is in, before the game loads, it just sits and spins, and I end up cntr alt delete to end task, just like you are suggesting. I really can't see that happening with Saturday Night Speedway as it's not a fully modded game so it's not possible that you have added something to cause it not to load like normal, although I don't have the game so I can't possibly comment. Could be that Vista won't take these games if you've loaded on some new program and they really should be re-installed, or your simply running out of memory already, a bit like my new computer with stupid Vista. Hate the damn thing... Prefer to work in XP. I can't see any of this helping you bud. But anything I know could.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: Help with newer Ratbag games... 13 years 8 months ago #1554

did u upgrade your directx ? some of the issue's with the older ratbag is caused when guys upgrade to a newwer version of directx. The older games used directx7 and im going to guess and say you now are using 9 or 10. I think this might help if not just reply or find me on yahoo . go to start run and type dxdiag in the box and hit enter. now a new window should come up called directx diagnostic tool. click ont the display tab and at the bottom of the window you should see 3 boxes DirectDraw Acceleration :enabled and Direct3d Acceleration: enable and AGP Texture Acceleration if it has enable just click on it and make it disabled . you can try turining them all off but just the agp should be the one you need to turn off. hope this helps.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 35 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form