Thursday, May 16, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2053

• yenko2
  • yenko2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
Have uploaded a few more track packs for DTR and almost all of these tracks will work in DTRSC as well.. With the packs uploaded you should have 90+ tracks for DTR and I'm sure I'm not through yet... :ohmy: Yenko2/Al Lewis
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by yenko2.

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2071

jw how many of these tracks can be converted for dtr2? jw

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2072

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
I'm not a track making expert but I believe some of the tracks could be converted depending what the base track was.. as some tracks will convert with little or no trouble and some just won't.. I think Shock or Kiwi Paul could probably explain it better than i can..
Attachments:

Last edit: by yenko2.

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2113

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
Just uploaded about 73 track for DTRSC ..12 track packs plus added a Nitro chassis and skins package and some other stuff..Enjoy..Yenko2
Attachments:

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2126

That's right Yenko.
Hoover..? Check out in forums under help files and see 'How To Fix A Bad Track' by me (Paul D kiwi).
This of course is if a track crashes your computer, being of usually the [defaulttexture] within De2 file.
Okay.... If you want to get the older DTR1, DTR-SC tracks to run in DTR2....? Simple as. You need to upgrade the terrain file from a 1kb to a 4kb in the [graphs] folder.
Next, you need to open the tracks [str] file and scroll down to where it says [AI laptimes], just before [track information]. You will need to paste a copy of any [grip] from another [str] DTR2 file and paste it in between those two. Also put [dtr1 - 0] at the bottom of the textures list etc at the top of this file above the [display names]. Also check the [Preview] file and make sure it has [de2] and the textures [previewa_m2] etc.
I have found on converting some of the old tracks that they will require correct labeling of their textures in the [textures} file. Past editors never bothered with putting in the right sized one with the corresponding number and so this will also cause the game to crash. That one is simple enough and you go and either change the numbering or find textures that are similar and paste in over top. They may have worked in DTR1 or DTR-SC, but not DTR2 as it is a whole lot fussier, but your game game should tell you which texture requires replacing.
Okay... One more in respect of the [str] file. Not all will realize this, but if the [Victory lap info] isn't correct for the track, it will crash. But this is very rare, and I only ever found it on a [new eldora] track. You [lt' and [alp] folders need to also be in the track folder. The [do] and [da] ffolders are self generating so no need for them to be created by you.
And you should be good to go....!!!!!

The tracks of old that are very difficult to get into DTR2 are....

Wakeney, 34 Raceway, Bodin Valley and Wayne, Leadfoot Stadium and Bracken Bowl
(all bar some of the [Powerslide] tracks)

All these tracks require their walls, Armco to be covered up, plus the default texture in DE2 to be dropped. There are several others too that require just their defaults dropping but that's all, apart from the other procedures I've shown you above, if you want to race the older tracks Offline/Online. You will find those dream tracks that don't require the default dropping but there aren't many of them. Those first 6 tracks named are a lot of work..?

Save you time Hoover. Go grab your copies of my converted tracks from Paul's Tracks in DL's.
But for Yenko... Thank buddy for packing these tracks and contacting the days of old editors for posting. Thank you Shock for allowing these to be posted on your site, plus a big thanx to the many editors. If it wasn't for their effort or the generosity of this site (Shock) they would have (nearly) all been lost. Some have..; forever...!!!! I see there are some in ceratin track packs that I've never seen before, so I'm going to be busy DL some rare, unseen by me, tracks too. Good on ya guys!!!

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2129

• rick
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 8
can oakshade be converted to dtr2

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2130

Good to hear from you Rick.... Yes it can, and because it is a [chico] track there is no need to put down the default. Just do the changes within the track folder as I suggested and you should be good to go.

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2138

• rick
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
thanhs i tryed and got it to load 1/2 way and crashes gues i dont under stand how to do it

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2143

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Hey Rick I'll convert it for you.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 6 months ago #2144

• rick
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
ok thanks

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 5 months ago #2376

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Yenko I just wanted to thank you for doing this! I really appreciate the files you've uploaded and I've added them to my dtr games. Any track I see that i think would be good for dtr2 I'll try and convert. I appreciate you taking the time to upload all these files for these games and am thankful to have you here helping out, and I'm sure everyone else who's downloaded any of your files feel the same way. Thanks again!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: DTR Track Packs 13 years 5 months ago #2379

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
Thanks Shock :blush: :blush: ... I feel like the keeper of the flame for DTR and wish I could find even more stuff.. I haven't quit yet as I'm always looking and asking all my old buddies for links or files or even leads on who might have something..So far no replies but I'm still going to push for DTR DTRSC and DTR2 files and encourage everyone out there to do the same..The more we collect the more we might be able to convert or improve on.. To me the original DTR game play was or is just as good as DTR2 in many ways..Plus look at the rfactor stuff and they are using DTR2 tracks and ideas in that game, so its not a dead game at all just needs more people to get back into it and more people like Shock to keep us going..So whenever I find something or maybe get off my lazy ass and work on a few things I'll post them..I hope everyone enjoys and experiences what I had a previlage to experence in my golden days of sims racing..Thanks to everyone that still enjoys Ratbag games :woohoo: :woohoo: Yenko2/Al Lewis
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 32 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form