Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1393

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
yo Paul u do some pretty nice work for just using the de2 editor,cant wait to c what u can come up with after u learn rhino.As u can probably tell us USA dirt racers mostly run ovals but its nice to c some other tracks for the game still comin out as well.If u ever need ne help with rhino or just editing in general feel free to ask.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1398

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
Thank you Flyer for the nice compliment. Goes a long way. I can't wait either to get into Rhino. Been caught up with family matters but yes; I will scream out if I do have problems with it. That's what I like about the DTR community. This is how we all learn and those that are willing to pass on knowledge rather than keep it all to themselves do the community a lot of good in keeping the game alive.
In regards to New Zealand tracks, they too are ovals. The sanctioned ones all have to meet safety standards which means being fully walled and fenced. Offroading is all go here but not inside stadiums. Figure 8 tracks have been banned for decades but was raced here up until the early 80's, I think. It is good to have a variety and those sorts of tracks especially in offline racing are rare. You and Shock do a great job along with those left of the editing community; so I've taken up the challenge of sorting it. Call it my job, my specialty. Having all the old tracks converted over gives us far more skope for different types of racing.
I have an oval track based on the South Central track of DTR2 which was a fig8 ofcourse.Someone has had the foresight and turned it into an oval like your Weaver Park, which is great. So I want to get the A1 finished on that track first and then edit it. It was named Candyland, and they did a great job. Ofcourse the A1 remained as a figure8 which was not much good for racing on when it's supposed to be oval racing.haha!
Was Norfolk okay? Not easy to do. A1 is very fustrating as you're probably aware. A real head banger.

Cheers Flyer.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1400

It is good to see someone who really knows their stuff with Ai. I have tried downloading most of the local tracks around me from various different sites, and the Ai is ok, but annoying. You are doing excellent stuff Paul. As you posted earlier about the DTR community, it is the best. I got into NR2002 and NR2003, and the community there does not even compare to what we have here. There are people like yourself, and Shock that are good with track editing, and then you have people like THE2DEUCE over at Blackhole who make excellent skins. I do make skins, they are pretty bad, but they are fine for me. Track editing though, I am usless. Keep up the great work.
NESFAN

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 8 months ago #1416

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
Thank you Nesfan for your thanks. Nice to get compliments. I agree with you that all of us can contribute something which makes the game so much better to understand, to learn fom each other and that is the ultimate thing we can accomplish. Progression is everything, and yes; we have grown with it since I got started back in 2001 with DTR Australia when it first hit the shelves. I knew nothing for almost 2 years before I put my best foot forward and gave it a go. Okay; I feel I can only contribute bits and pieces that I've learnt from others, but like anything, some may see my bits differently to the way I see them. Putting the bits with everyone else's bits, increases the quality 10 fold. We can all learn something, from everybody else. Never too old. I'm 53 yrs old now but still growing. As long as we're willing to give everything our best, that's great.We'll do it.
Thanks again.
Paul D

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 8 months ago #1417

I am 16 years old, I have been playing this game since I was about 10, but it wasn't until last year that I got into different skins, I found a lot of the local drivers, and I found all of my local tracks such as Big Diamond Grandview Bridgeport New Egypt and the late Flemington. Once I found these, it like revived the game for me. Keep in mind, since 2003 or 2004 when I started through the early part of 2009, I had the plain cars and tracks on the game. This is so much better.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 24 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form