Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1264

• Paul D kiwi
  • Paul D kiwi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
  • Thank you received: 30
Hey ya' Shock,
Did you get those tracks I sent? About 15 of them? Thought I'd start this thread and hope it's in the right section. Been honing my skills on a couple of tracks that had crook A1's being Candyland and Norfolk. That Flemington A1.. What a great job you did, man. I have made only one attempt on it and it reverted straight back to original A1 which was really weird. I will have another crack at it, at some stage but you are no doubt like me and know how frustrating it is. Browns County does work better but I need to adjust the back straight slightly. Not much with that but I've been side tracked you could say.
I've been given some Powerslide tracks from Wolf, which is awesome to have and now I have to focus on converting the A1'a etc to run in DTR2 for something different to race on other than just ovals. I haven't bothered to send anymore tracks until I hear that you did receive and that they work great, lol. I also see there is an uploading thingy right here which makes a monkey out of me, so will attempt to plant a file to see if it works.
This is 4Reds.
An offroad track with working A1 based on the Reds stadium in Cinncinatti Kentucky.
Let us know what you think.
Cheers.
Paul D kiwi

Okay, looks like it don't work...Dang!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1266

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Yep, I was meaning to send you back an email. But yes, I got them and I also sent them to BLS_F1yer to check out. They are all great tracks, some have huge bumps that we can take out. My favorite was Palmy and Winchester and a couple other ones I really liked. F1yer is gonna make something outta a couple of them I think and I want to edit Winchester and make it be able to be used in league races...it already can be, but with a little tweaking it could be really great.

What program do you edit your tracks in? We could teach you how to use Rhino if you don't use it...it's a great easy program to edit.

You can upload tracks to teamvlr.com/downloads-docman/cat_view/53-tracks/

Thanks for the tracks man!!!
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1267

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Great to hear you got them all, Shock. The bumps came with the tracks ofcourse. Glad you like the Winchester track. I didn't change the name of that because it's as old as me. A piece of nostalgia. Never worked in DTR and with a bit of playing around, I got the A1 done and the default ofcourse. It's great to hear that the boys want to do more with them. I did with Winchester, turning it into Merritville, even if there's been renditions of that track. Palmy was the Evergreen track and that was a mission. Took 3 plus days and nights, swapping files etc until I discovered that the Victory lap info and camera replay was incorrect. Just to let you know, it may still have a gliche due to the LT file not being swapped. You can race it several times and all of a sudden, the cars will refuse to race. I can't work it out, apart from it being the LT. It's ot a biggy.
As far as editing goes, I mess with the De2 editor. I know of Rhino but as yet, I haven't unpacked it to see how it works but thanx for the files in the editing section. I am an old dude who gets caught up in his own, old ways, but I also luv a challenge. You never know. I received some tracks from Wolf today, being Powerslide ones, and I see you have done bits already to them. The 'Hell' track and maybe the 'Desert' Track were yours. I have a funny feeling that the A1 has already been converted and therefore I can't sort them. But I will try. I wrote to a couple of Leadfooter sites for tracks but they cant reply as their addys are no longer available. Sad. If you can put me in touch with an old collector of these tracks, that are edits in Leadfoot only, then that will be great for the boys and gals. I see the addy at the bottom there for uploading. Will try this in the next day or so. Must get the A1's done too, for you. If you have room in your download section, when the tracks are passed by the hiarchy, I will be pleased for all, and I'm sure the original editors will too.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1298

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
me again,
hope the guys will get access to those offroading tracks soon, as there are 2 Fig8 tracks about to go. I think for the sake of the DTR2 community, it's good to have a variety. Don't know how you all feel about that? If you need to see more textures for the tracks I'ver submitted, or any problems with any of them, don't hesitate to let me know. I also understand that thorough testing of them, ensures there durability and acceptance, but that there are races to be won, too. I do know that without anything new to race on; what a drag. I'm sure that all DTR2 fans would become somewhat bored and the Leadfoot tracks especially in offline, are a key ingredient to sustainability and ongoing excitement for all. There are no other Leadfoot tracks on the net that actually work offline. You guys have them and so does Wold at DTR@ Offroad. IT was yours Shock and yours as well Flyer that re-ignited my passion for what I do. Thankyou both. And ofcourse all the other editors. Crazy, Hawbaker, Brady, Dirt Wizard and I better mention Xman too. He's a good guy. Too many others to mention. Hoover I think is another great editor. So what I'm trying to say here is; I owe you editing guys heaps of cookies. Please let me join too in offering my services to the public; something that not everyone can do which is to get the uncommon tracks, up and running. I owe you guys and all the rest a big thank you for sites like this which gives tje public access, which in turn keeps old buggers like me,intersted in the game.Ofcourse, I'll understand if you feel that the tracks I've sent you, are unsuitable for the League or for anybody else. I know the standard has to be even higher these days.

I have been very busy with A1's and am sick of them, lol!!!! Time for editing de2's again, maybe.
I have done the A1,for weaver park so thanks to you Flyer and your team. It's a neat track, neat idea. Heap loads of potential in this one. We'll keep you on. With weaver park, please don't be anoyed with me, if it's not perfect. I welcome anyone to fine tune the damn thang. It only took a few nights; approx 15 hours to get it even close. Had a lot of trouble trying to pull the cars back off the end walls but they seem to run competitively enough for me apart frm cutting the odd corner, dang cheats!!!!.
Shock, I had to do some more adjusting on the Browns County A1 and I'm fairly pleased with it now, but you be the judge of it. Will fine tune 'Wilmot' for you as soon as I finish this fig8 edit, buddy. Probably send you the whole track, as you welcomed anyone to finish it. Hehe!!!! And I don't blame you. Who finds the time for these things?
Flyer. Loved Norfolk. A great track. Well worth sorting the A1 out on that one too. Again; not absolutely satisfied after a dozen or so hours, but couldn't pull the cars sufficiently off the big turn without sending them into the other wall. Too much number crunching..; so have given the brain, a few nights off. It runs adaquately normally but you know how life is...., A1 requires more time to get it right before sending.
You'll be pleased to know that fig 8tracks aren't dead..; yet....!! Lola.....!!! I am so excited about this, guys... Been like it for years. You're the ones been missing out.... But not anymore...!!! I have been busy with pm12 being Spirit of DTR-AU (like Wayne DTR-SC track. Almost impossible to get working in DTR2) as a standard oval but also a fig 8 track in the centre of oval you see... Some old die hards may know or remember from the good old days. Yet to figure out how to cover up the barrier walls neatly this time, but I am close. Have covered them up with something before so it will be no problem. Maybe tomorrow night is good for sending. I've had the fig8 working for a couple of years but hated the look of it, so have found a better way of doing the barriers.
I also have another fig8 which runs, apart from the odd failure to load which is no biggy as deleting do', and da' folders cures that. So we should have 2 fig8 tracks within the week for people to get excited about... Something to keep the gaming alive. Both these tracks are rare. Only pm12 has been uploaded for people being called Flying8' which is a revamped pm10 and the 'Thrasher' fig8 which is Griffin or Thunder Alley DTR1. Ofcourse, neither worked in offline for DTR2, but now they do. Guess who has them...??? We do.... Okay... You will soon....I'm thrilled to have one finished ready of uploading once I've done a final check. The other one, shouldn't take too long to edit in the old de2... Yes,,, de2....Shame!!!!. Mind you, not sure if you can use Rhino for killing default textures, man????

.. Included in this package.

A1 and Preview (Weaver Park)
A1 Browns County
4Denmark (Superdome pm01 Leadfoot re-textured sand A! working Offroading track)
3Galveston (Square Leadfoot stadium track) Guys, here's a track to flatten..... Okay, who's keen???? Don't be shy....
8Griffin Park (DTR-AU pm03 same similar name)You'll be glad you didn't have to edit that one.. Boy!!!!!

NB - May need a separate folder for the nostalgic stuff.
PS - Shock? Can you change the track preview de2 for '4Rock Springs before uploading to Track download section, if you don't mind. You can get one from any of the 4x4 tracks. I'm certain I did them all. Missed that one.
PS2 - My boys got PS3 but still... Hey, sorry about this long winded affair. Can't email to the forum, sadly. My MSN and MS, sucks!!!
Will now try the uploader addy you've given. See if that helps.
Many thanx.

Paul D

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1299

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hope all like these
Paul D
Attachments:

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1300

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thanks Paul!! I got the AI's you sent.

I am working on an edit from Winchester to make KC Raceway out of it...I've already got a lot done on it just working on it for about three hours. I'll need to hook you up with Rhino, makes de2 editing a breeze.

Upload more tracks I'll add you a section to the site soon and move the tracks you've already uploaded to that section.

Let me know if there's anything else you need...

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1302

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Hey ya Shock and Flyer,
Glad to see you're busy. You excite me. Sounds good with KC Raceway. A named track I haven't heard of in years. The Avalon track I sent you I believe was originally named that before I got stuck into it. I have been busy myself today on that bleedin' pm12 Fig 8 Spirit track. You're probably right and I would be keen to look at this Rhino. Were you going to find or make a video tutorial on it? Still, not too old to learn by the olfd hand method. I should be able, to get my head around it. Have mucked around with things like the Med Editor for GTA SA to create an island; so you never know. I may go mad and create heaps. It's taken years to get this far which is something I suppose. Got some catching up to do myself, so will go and catch up on that next track. Glad I searched for the word 'upload' to find out how to upload. Hope you find that other track, missing in action. Probably turned into a space track to compete with yours, lol.
I do have about 60 other tracks on top of what I've sent so far, but I need to spend a bit of time checking for any 'death walls'. For the rest, it requires a full on check to make sure they're not all yours or Flyer's. Heheh.
Paul D

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1303

Well done on the tracks the off-road track is great to drive. Also liking the figure 8 track for Australia. Keep up the good work always liked racing figure 8 tracks for fun (Offline)now I have another.

Thanks Keep up the great work :)
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1308

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thankyou William. I appreciate the thanx. I lived in Aussie for 4 years in WA so expect some of those comin'. I see you're after Mnt Gambier Spedway. I have one that needs tidying in regards to fences. It's from the old Southern track of DTR-AU. I think it was the old Olympic track actually. Alpha is a pain as you can understand. I have a fence about 20 mtrs up in air which I need to move and then it's done but with so much desire for getting other bits done, I'm like Shock, Flyer, Hoover etc. Busy as. Must take Shocks advice and get Rhino sorted. Glad you enjoy fig8's. So do I. With the offroad Tracks, I got lucky on the conversions and they actually turned out to be dead easy to do. A 2 minute task. If you have pics of Mnt Gambier, put them in you topic in track requests and I will take a look at them. The ones I have are inadequate to get it anywhere near close. I just loved the small tight oval you see and did the work to make me think it was Mnt Gambier.
Anyway, you can look forward to more tracks over the weeks. I will be drip feeding the site as Shock has the 15 tracks I sent and everyone will get those at his discretion. Nothing like teasing the lads and kepping them coming back.
Paul D

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1333

Cool WA tracks are some of the best in Aus. Nice work with all the AI editing. Hopefully shocks posts some of the tracks up soon as the other two were great.

Also I remember you said you were working on the Northfork AI thats great. Thanks for your contribution your keeping the game interesting for us offline racers. Thanks again.
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1342

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Thank you William. It's really nice to get compliments like that. I did the original Kwinana track but I wasn't very pleased with it as the feel of realism just wsn't there. I will redo another track with I'm sure, far better results before releasing. A lesson we all learn.
Norfolk's A! is nearly done but again it comes down to getting it right. Weaver and Browns County were a handful and it takes a lot out of an old fella' like me. So at my age, it comes down to the energy and desire to complete something, but compliments just gets me going again. A track came up like Weaver Park and I couldn't resist it. I will get back to Norfolk hopefully this week.
I see Shock has also put some tracks, into a track pack. Not a bad idea. Thank you Shock. I hope these will wet the appetite a bit for everyone, especially with 4Reds which is a Stadium and took a lot of De2 work to get that thing hummin'; but oh boy, well worth the effort. Hope everyone enjoys racing there; unless yopu wish to wack a baseball. Sorry; they all left. (See below)
The ovals are fantastic edits from other editors. All credit to them. It was unfortunate that Evergreen was in serious operating condition; and it was over a silly little thing called the Camera replay and victory info in the track str file. After days on days of tearing the damn thing apart and replacing nearly all of it, and the default,, it worked. Okay, maybe a small gliche; but Shock likes it!!!!
By the way, most DTR1 tracks and some DTR-SC ones all need their default putting down befoire they will run or the sake of not having a death wall, if that helps any budding editors out there that may read this.. I have every single track from DTR1 and DTR-Au as well as DTR-SS running except Wakeney. I gave up on that one.
Anyway, I will top that nice package that Shock put in the downloads track section with 2 more tracks. Another fig8 track and oh yes, another Aussie!!!! Cool... Okay. It's not a real track but I gave it a real name. Believe it or not, Ratbag I feel, got it close to real. I don't know about figure 8 racing in Queensland but I do believe that some kiwi Stockcar drivers are doin' it up there in tho bush... Lol.
I also intend on building another fig8. One from a standard track shortly with 2 offset bends. Put in some pics of 8Rockhampton and 4White Sands. An IGGR track originally. Thought I better mention that. Good on ya' mates. The A1 now works, so lots of practicing for that very important race. It is flat therefore should be regarded as a dirt circuit; not 4x4 but it just sounds so much better that way.
Enjoy from

Paul D kiwi
4White Sands NM (Sorry for not including the tower guys)
Attachments:

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1343

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
And More tracks, IN THE TRACKS DOWNLOAD SECTION!!!!!
4Reds (Stadium)

8Rockhampton (figure8)

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1344

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Shock,
Thank you for the downloads folder my friend. And what a nice comment you gave me, too. I'll try really hard to keep living up to that one.
By the way, did you get my email about Rhino Editor? I think I'm at that point in editing where in order to acheive the quickest and best results; I need it big time. I don't have it,.. The Macro's folder i got from the download editing section, had an issue with my firewall, so can't open it to see what it's about. You commented about turning on hidden folders. Mine are always visible, so don't know. I looked at editing the DTR1 Nosenseyet track 'Speedway'. I have a my re-textured version of a similar edit by someone else, but decide on this one, mixed with the A1 from Weaver, it would make a cool tight park. When I moved all the adverts from around the track, my bottom barrier went AWOL with it so had to start again. That's when I wished I had that Editor. I've got a real cool idea for a different sized fig8 track within Terrehaute or DTR1 Nocksville maybe or where an outer wall can remain but the track can be moved. Anyone game to twist one into a reasonable 8 shape for me? The opposite ofcourse as to what Flyer and the lads did for Weaver Park.... And that's another track I want to take to the wall, too.... Ookay..... I need to complete Norfolk and Wilmot's A1's first.
Anyway, let me know where I can download Rhino and I will attempt to nut it all out. Many thanx again Shock.
Paul D

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1345

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hey Paul...
No I don't think I got your email about Rhino...but I will give you a link for it. Go here to get it:

www.divshare.com/download/7894748-b04

Do you have Microsoft Excel? If so you will need it in order to get the macros to work and convert it to a format Rhino can read. I think F1yer may have found a way to get it in Rhino format without having to use Excel but I'm not sure.

Basically you will open up a de2 in the de2 editor and go to File>Export and export the OBJECT POLYGONS...all of them, and it will save it as a csv file to be opened in Excel.

Then in Excel you will load your macros inside the program and one of them should say "csv2raw" and you select that one.

It will convert it to a .raw format which may take a few minutes, and then you have to go to file>save when that's done and save it as MSdos.txt file. (All this should be in the Rhino guide on the site that Flash made). Once you save it as a msdos txt file you need to rename it from like say Speedway.txt to Speedway.raw

Then you can open it in Rhino.

That's about it first I need to see that you can do that before I explain the rest.

Hopefully that will get you on the road to editing easier since you can resize, reshape, reeverything all at once unlike the de2.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1360

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Excellant Shock.
Many, many thanx for that and the great help on Rhino. I have now downloaded it and will go to work. In-between times I have done the Norfolk track A1 and also the Wilmot track of yours. I'm fairly pleased with them. They are now ready for you and Flyer. I need you to check the Wilmot track first before you put it in your download section just to make sure it's to your liking. Better in yours than mine. You did most of of the work. Anyway.. It will probably download quicker that way. (I mean, 495 downloads??? Are you kidding me????!!!!)Check the counter on BLS's section, will ya'.!!! hehehe.
Anyway.... Couldn't get the back straight wall to appear right as it's in the dark. Tried a bigger set of textures but it did no good so I'll leave that bit up to you. Hope you like the backscene which is from Wilmot itself. The trees are a little different but I felt it required them as the real track has them too, especially down the the back straight. Maybe you can get the trees to grow more. Got a watering can??
Jokes aside, I couldn't stop the cars from sliding out wide on bend 4 but if I gave it more time; maybe. I think it adds to the challenge of the race, especially if one is losing...
Your track to me looks and feels great. A super tight flat track. Just what we need. Renamed it to 'Wilmot Speedway' to save on any confusion.
I will try to email both to you again. Just need to find the addy that's not addressed to the Forum. I think that's where the problem lies. If not, I will download into your section and Wilmot and A1 for Norfolk into BLS's. Cheers.
Paul D

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1361

Excellent work Paul, now I can race Norfork offline keep it up great work :)

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1362

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
that was quick Wills. Yeah. MSN sucks but I got the addy put in there on my list and it came up with Howard. Anyway, glad you got the A1. Let us know aye?

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1363

I havent got the AI I was just saying it was great that you have reworked it for Norfork can't wait to race the track properly without crashes.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1364

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hey Paul...

No I didn't get the email with the AI's. You can try sending it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and that should work for you...I hope, let me know how you progress with Rhino.

Re: Pauls Trax's 13 years 9 months ago #1380

• Paul D kiwi
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Editor
Okay Shock. That blasted MSN!!! I found a sight, called DTR2 Mega, I think. I downloaded a CSV creator programe of sorts so will try Rhino with that. Sending them now Shock.

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 22 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form