Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VLR
  • Page:

Poll: Do you like the concept of VLR's new format?

Yes
13 92.9%
No
1 7.1%
Don't know yet
No votes 0%
Total number of voters: 14 ( XCR 58, king_pin, ATS_7, WON11, Jok3r ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52641

• VLR_Shock
  • VLR_Shock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
This season we're going to try something entirely new at VLR to make the racing more exciting and promote lots of passing. We're going to line up the A Mains of our races by Reverse Average Finish. For example, if Eric41 makes an A Main and his previous average finish coming into that race was the worst of the A Main contenders, he will start pole of the A. Whereas if BLS_18 had the best average finish, he'd start either last, or ahead of drivers making their first race attempt at VLR that season.

In theory, the fastest drivers will start in the back each week, while the lower average finish drivers will be at the head of the pack when the green flag waves. I think this will make for great racing and allows the possibility of some upset victories, and a great chance of drivers coming from the last row and winning the feature. What do you guys think?

Here are a couple more changes/possible changes:

1 hot before all races, instead of 2
10 lap heats, instead of 12 lap
12 lap B Mains, instead of 15/20 laps
10 lap C Main, instead of 12 laps
Possible qualifying alone instead of a group, from 8pm to 8:55pm CT
Possible LCQ race to determine final transfers to A (Deadbolt's idea for a BLS series)
Then the non transfers race in a B Main which is half the laps of the A Main to determine finishing positions 11-how many cars there are. (Also DB's idea)
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52648

• BLS_BW43
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 220
Sounds good , will make the races more exciting than than fast at the front all nite runaways. It may cause some extra drama after the races if the guys that are inverted deep just ram their way thru others to the front week after week but it will make better post race Reports IMO.

10 and 12 pretty short C and B mains IMO couple extra laps could be nice if u have big trouble in Heat for some reason, I like the B race to determine 11-out.... could save a points season for someone if they get boned in heat and D main (Personal Experience on this)

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52668

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I know. Thanks for the feedback BW. I'm hoping it'll still go pretty smooth. That's why we're gonna up the laps at most races to give more time to get to the front cleanly. May leave the B and C laps alone then, but if we do an LCQ then it won't really matter since the B will just be half the laps of the A main then. That was something deadbolt came up with last night and I asked if we could use it if we'd like. I think it's a great idea and as long as it doesnt make the show run too much longer I think we'll do it. Just trying to speed things up while at the same time making for a more competitive racing atmosphere.

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52676

• DeadBolt
  • Double Barrel Buckshot
  • Thank you received: 133
with the Last Chance Qualifier , its in theory a 2nd heat race - its everyones last chance to qualify for the A
it replaces what we have always called the "bmain"
now the BMain will be ran at the same time the AMain is ran , so it wont extend the program any longer than it currently is
and it gives everyone that does not make the AMain more laps and a chance to race for 11th place on back to determine thier finish on the night

i was just thinking abut how we could change the format to provide mre racing for everyone that comes out - instead of 12 laps in a heat and 12 laps in a BMain = 24 laps of racing for the night
this new way there exists the possibility of everyone running 50+ laps depending on the length of the Amain
example - if AMain is 50 laps , New BMain is 25 ; if AMain is 100 laps , New BMain is 50 laps
so the New BMain adds to the lap count for those who dont make the A

hope that makes sense
They say the dead don't rest without a marker of some kind.

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52683

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
That's what I was thinking DB. I just meant it would maybe extend when I get the results up from going onto the server log and getting the b main results after the A but that's just minimal time I guess lol. I think it's all creative and good for the game to have a change of pace to make for better overall racing. Great idea!!! Everyone loves to run a lot of laps instead of going home after running maybe 27ish laps all night. And with your idea it'll give everyone a chance to compete and actually improve their finishing position even if they don't make the A main.

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52709

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Bump. Db what about calling the B mains something else...like Semi Feature or something, idk. Maybe something that doesn't confuse people much. Not a big deal just maybe a new word for it would be good

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52711

• BLS v6!
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I want on tha PORCH!!!
  • Thank you received: 82
You can call the New B Main, a "Support Feature". I was also wondering that maybe instead of doing "rank" hot laps, that you can do your hot in "random" mode. That way no one gets to see the advantage or disadvantage during the hot lap. In real racing there is no "peek" at how the start will be, and hots are just to make sure everyone has a good connection. That way the start will be "new" and no one knows what anyone else is going to do, making it a more even start and letting the pole guy set the pace. Just a thought.
"Shakespeare"
A Coward Dies a thousand deaths! A hero? Only one!
"Charles Woods"
It's Better to Die a Hero, than Live as a Coward!!!

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52720

• SKM_18
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 23
I agree 100% Jason! I told Shock that eliminating hot laps would be a good idea for that reason, but I forgot about being able to set it to random, which doesn't give you practice on how to get a good jump but allows you to make sure your setup is loaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS v6!

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52724

• Eric41
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • I'm the best
  • Thank you received: 64
yeah, I actaully never thought of that myself Jason, but that makes perfect sense. I will enforce that rule in my 2 series.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BLS v6!

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52741

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143

VLR_Shock wrote: This season we're going to try something entirely new at VLR to make the racing more exciting and promote lots of passing. We're going to line up the A Mains of our races by Reverse Average Finish. For example, if Eric41 makes an A Main and his previous average finish coming into that race was the worst of the A Main contenders, he will start pole of the . Whereas if BLS_18 had the best average finish, he'd start either last, or ahead of drivers making their first race attempt at VLR that season.

In theory, the fastest drivers will start in the back each week, while the lower average finish drivers will be at the head of the pack when the green flag waves. I think this will make for great racing and allows the possibility of some upset victories, and a great chance of drivers coming from the last row and winning the feature. What do you guys think?

Here are a couple more changes/possible changes:

1 hot before all races, instead of 2
10 lap heats, instead of 12 lap
12 lap B Mains, instead of 15/20 laps
10 lap C Main, instead of 12 laps
Possible qualifying alone instead of a group, from 8pm to 8:55pm CT
Possible LCQ race to determine final transfers to A (Deadbolt's idea for a BLS series)
Then the non transfers race in a B Main which is half the laps of the A Main to determine finishing positions 11-how many cars there are. (Also DB's idea)

I always had real close points finishes when I did reverse rank from the averages...Plus it keeps people come coming in just to win...If they finish good you have to start towards the back
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52744

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
DId you do it by reverse point average or reverse average finish? And was it only for the heats when you did it? Just wondering. Luckily our points program automatically calculates average finish so that will make it a lot easier for me.

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52783

• Icefighter
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Dirt is for Racin, Asphalt is for getting there.
  • Thank you received: 143
I really don't remember but I think it was on average and at that time it was only the heat.
So we finish 18 and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52808

bmain.weebly.com

This has already happened perty much !
Greezy/Comet #4 Slidell La.

Last edit: by WFO_Greezy.

VLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #52809

If you want you can use the Bmain Bandits name, ill never use it again.
Greezy/Comet #4 Slidell La.

ReplyVLR exciting new format for this season! 10 years 9 months ago #53612

I personally haven't been on DTR2 in a while but what i am seeing with the series uprisings is very impressive it gives the underdog a fighting chance and it also gives your weekly winner a challenge like i said though I am very impressed and look forward to hopefully running in the series if aloud!

Thanks,

ATS_7
The following user(s) said Thank You: VLR_Shock

• Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 25 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form