Monday, May 20, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
VLR
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rookies guide for VLR tonight 13 years 2 weeks ago #5413

• J-MAC
  • J-MAC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Hey, I gots a few questions about tonight.......
1- Whats a good lap at this track?
2- Any tips for a rookie that wants to run tonight?
3- How does the live qualifying work?

I wanna make my VLR debut tonight and just want to know how it works and what I have to do to run. :)
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re:SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 years 2 weeks ago #5415

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
Thanks for askin JMAC!

1- Whats a good lap at this track?
2- Any tips for a rookie that wants to run tonight?
3- How does the live qualifying work?

1. A good lap at Upper Iowa in the Gen3 I believe is in the 10.70's range, and 10.80ish...if my memory is right. You will want to run middle to high in turn one and pull it down lower a little bit off turn 2. In turn four try to get about as low as you can and slide out on the straightaway. This track is tough but once you get in a rhythm it's not bad and you CAN pass low in turn 1...it seems to be more two laned in that turn.

2. Just try to be in vent early, by 7:30 pm eastern if possible. We will begin qualifying at 7:30 to 7:35 if all goes well. It is not MANDATORY to be in our Ventrilo at 7:30, but we would like everyone to be if at all possible.

Another thing for rookies that I always tell before the races is to make friends, not enemies. Rather than going for the win right off the bat and wiping out half the field you should be patient, race clean, and learn from watching the other guys. If you plow into people then your name gets tarnished pretty quickly. So all rookies need to keep that in mind during their first league race.

The more friends you make, the more people who will race you clean in the future and be more willing to give you setups, advice, and whatever else you need to get going in league racing.

3. You will go into the Chat inside of Ventrilo and VLR_18 or I will post qualifying groups in chat. These lists tell you what server you will need to go to for qualifying. An example of what we will post in chat for qualifying will look like this: Group 1 in 64.94.238.156:32263---18, jsn, 42, DS5, 67r, 53, slyfly.

Once you qualify we ask that you leave the game server and go back to chat in Ventrilo. Also you may check out the live qualifying results to see how you stack up with everyone...this is really cool and will give you something to do when you are finished qualifying.

Once everyone is done qualifying, VLR_18 will ask if there is anyone who hasn't qualified yet. If nobody answers, we will assume everyone has qualified. A couple minutes after qualifying you will see the heat lineups go out based on qualifying results. One mistake a lot of rookies make is to ask over and over in Ventrilo chat "where do I go" before we have compiled the heat lineups. With our live qualifying results and the automatic heat lineup thing that Buck sent me, we should have the heat lineups out quickly, but still some patience is needed by the new guys.

Hope to see you there man, it's a lotta fun!! Most nights :)
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re:SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13 years 2 weeks ago #5417

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Ok, thanks! I turned a 10.98 earlier and its the second or third day I've had the track in my game so I'm pretty much right where I usually am in the browser races. I really want to race so I plan on being there. If I'm not, it means that my mother took my internet away for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.....but otherwise I plan on being there. Thanks to Jim forcing me to run the DO!T race, I know how to get into chat and everything. I'll go practice some more there to see if I can better my time some and tweak the setup some more to give me better times. I'm 2 for 2 for making A-Mains so far so I'd really like to keep that going. (like 8 guys ran the ERL race and somebody dropped out of the A-main for the DO!T race which bumped me up into the A so I gotta thank whoever didn't race....... :P ) Heres the car I plan on running tonight.

File Attachment:

File Name: J_MAC_Gen3.zip
File Size:189 KB

Attachments:

Re:Rookies guide for VLR tonight 13 years 2 weeks ago #5426

J-MAC

I noticed that you are into making your own skins now and by the looks of your new Gen 3 you are getting better with it. I noticed you don't ever have any headlight decals on your cars, so maybe you don't have any. Here's where you can go to get stuff for Paint Shop Pro or whatever your using to paint your cars. Go to the Downloads section of this website, then you will go to "Skin Painting Stuff" in there you will find decals, headlight decals, templates and when I get home and get to my computer I can send you some latemodel body wraps i have, which you can use on any car in the game and just repaint the designs. Also here are a few websites you can look at for different designs and fonts, numbers etc.

www.harrisdecals.com <----has many graphics, sponsors, pit crew designs etc
www.dafont.com <
has over 230 pages of new fonts which you can save to your desktop and pull the font into your fonts folder located in your computer somewhere.

There are a few more but i'm a bit tired and I will be a work til 7am CT time. So I will get with you tomorrow if you want and we will see what we can do for ya.

Woods #14
Mississippi Bad Boy

Re:Rookies guide for VLR tonight 13 years 2 weeks ago #5428

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
Wow. thanks Woods! I actually put headlight decals on the 2 newest ones I made today. I normally put sponsers there on the front which is why I never used them before now, but wow thanks. That'll really help me with that. :laugh:

Attachments:

Last edit: by J-MAC.
  • Page:
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 20 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form