Sunday, May 19, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22964

• BMS
  • BMS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 287
Fas i really cant answer the question about cheating with tracks....i dont know how if there is...ive heard of it....the best person to answer that question is F1yer i think......only because i think he's one of the best out there..(not because i think he's cheating)..just wanted to clarify that.
The topic has been locked.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22966

I have seen restarts for wrecks involving top guys in the game on latter laps and even been in a race that a car froze and the guy got his spot back from the point he froze. I'm not saying it was a vlr race and not even sure what league it was but it has happened. I think that's all ray was trying to say ,he just used last night as a example . I know for a fact shock you called for a restart at the rock a few years ago on lap 3or4 when a few of you tangled like the wreck you just described,but nobody esc out and there was allot of bitching about why after. I'am not trying to stir up anything so please don't take offence to what i said just making a point that it happens. I myself have asked for a restart after the first lap, and i'm sure if guys really be honest they could say the same. The games not perfect and we as racers make mistakes I know I just had a conversation with flyer a week or so ago about trying some way to input cautions, and maybe some day we can.My hats off to you shock and all the guys that make the tracks and run the league races for doing all you do. "again" I did not post this to throw stones or try to blame anyone , just to state that it happens.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22976

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I didn't call a restart in that race. I waited till after the race and told Karl about it, as well as several other drivers. Doit had a rule in their rule book that said something like if more than 50% of the field is involved in the wreck there could be a restart. They changed it after that but I was going off that rule because I think about 5 out of 7 guys were in that wreck.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22983

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Lazy3 wrote: idk Ray...but ya know the more I think about it the more quiting sounds like the thing to do.Its quite obvious that theres a little clique here and if your not in it then anything you say or do dosent really matter.In the past few days I have made 4 "A" mains in a row including a win and the most passing points resulting in a dash pole at WFO.I'd like to think that these results came from my taking the time to practice and be ready by show time,something that I havent ever really took the time to do.I usually show up in time to go get the track and my 1st laps are usually the hots so I'm hurry'n to get the track get a setup and try to make the show.This strategy,obviously hasnt worked so well lol.However as you know because you have practiced with me that it has paid off to take the time to be ready.Now...if I had made the "A" last night it would have been 5 in a row,but that didnt happen.Not for lack of trying because I definitly tried.However someone else had other plans.While running 4th in the "B" I was taken out "DELIBERITLY"! thus ending any chance of making the "A". Now I think I can say with almost 100% certianty that I probably wouldnt had made the "A" even if I hadnt been taken out,but I also think I can say with 100% certianty that I would have finished where I was in the 4th hole seeing how I was turning consistant laps in the .80s and had enough of a lead over the cars behind me to hold that position another couple of laps.What happened to me was deliberate! It was not an accident! It was witnessed by others and I even offered up the replay but was told it wasnt needed as they already had it.I posted it also for all to see and let judge for themselves.Still as far as I know there was no reprimand for the actions one chose to take me out.No results other than the "A" have been posted so idk if I was given my spot back or not.I'm only bringing this up because I feel if my name was diff.there would have been a much diff. outcome.Like I said "your either in it or your not" Unfortunatly I am not!So with that being said I feel ya bro,makes quiting sound really good!

All the results have been up and he did get penalized. Next time it will be worse, I watched the replay. I mean damn where do people get this stuff.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22987

OK you are saying you have never called for a restart in all the years you have played this game or be in a race were a restart was called after the first lap or whatever the rule was. The whole point i was making was it happens and if certain guys are involve nothing is done or said about it, or some excuse to why this certain time it was done that way. I know you have been in a race were it has happened and you esc out like the rest of us did.I will not post again on this, I was just trying to agree with bms that is does happen.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22988

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Yeah I've been in a race like that I think, but not at VLR

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22990

• JFR17
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 6
ha ha my peter is BIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!! oh chit wait got it under a scope never mind..... lol jk lmafo
It is, what it is!!!!!!!

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22991

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
Alright, since we got things kinda calmed down, I'm liking that caution rule thing, but I'd say tweak it a little bit. Instead of 2, go with a 3 strikes you're out thing. If you bring out 3 cautions in one race, you don't finish the race. The person that calls for the caution goes to the rear and anybody involved in the wreck goes to the rear as well just like in real life. If somebody causes the wreck and keeps going (ex, driving thru somebody, purposely spinning somebody) they go to the rear as well. Cautions should be allowed to be called on all but the last lap, if theres a wreck on the last lap, look at the replay. If the wreck was entirely accidental, then it sucks for the person wrecked. If the wreck was on purpose, then the person that wrecked somebody goes to the rear like the poor individual that was wrecked. This seems like a pretty good rule to help make our races more realistic.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22993

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
too many flippin rules....too mant flippin restarts....and now you wanna add more?

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22996

I personally love the idea of cautions to make it more realistic, however to not penalize the leader do a delaware dbl file restart by setting 2 rev rank...vlr does this anyway after a freeze deal. if guy gets turned or bashed or w/e calls restart then he and that driver that turned or bashed him goes to the rear on rst. of course this all depends on whether the offender actually did offend the offendee...hehe hell idc i still have fun either way, but i don't see many 40-60 lap races with no cautions in real life..then again this is just a game right? why not make it more realistic? maybe run a league like bls did testing this idea or maybe some fun runs....

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #22998

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296

BMS wrote: too many flippin rules....too mant flippin restarts....and now you wanna add more?

Caution rule would eliminate complete restarts since theres really no such thing in real life racing. TXR (a group with ALOT of love around here) tried racing with no rules. They had a series where the only rule was you couldn't wreck anybody for the first 2 laps. Then from lap 3 to lap whatever, you could spin somebody out/wreck them/knock them completely out of the race and it'd be all good. Well that ended after the 3rd race or so and the idea left forever.

What I'm saying is, we do need rules. And certian rules suck, certian rules are almost law in all series, and rule changes like this could go either way. It'd have to be done before we can really make any kind of call.

I'm liking the Delaware restart idea McGee. They don't do it around here. Here its Double file til halfway, leader gets choice of inside or outside, then after halfway its single file restarts. The WoO do double file I believe thru the whole race and the WoO Late Models do the Delaware style. I'm not entirely sure though.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23002

• JFR_Jim
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • Thank you received: 104
This also means rollling starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BLS Weekend Warriors did this last spring, with rollling starts, cautions mid race, and it all seemed to work out good when they ran Terre haute 2k11 weekly.
JFR

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23003

I went with 2 cautions and your out because that's what Wissota does. And it would be Deleware just like Wissota, leader starts up front by himself after a caution.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23007

• BMS
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
Lazy dont quit my friend .....if you dont i wont. Am just frustrated with inconsistencies.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23008

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Where are you seeing only A Main results Lazy? If you click "see full results" on the home page you will see them all

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23015

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364

JFR_Jim wrote: This also means rollling starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BLS Weekend Warriors did this last spring, with rollling starts, cautions mid race, and it all seemed to work out good when they ran Terre haute 2k11 weekly.

The next BLS series will be BLS sprints and most likely we will use the caution with rolling restarts but it will not be dbl file restart,it will be a rolling single file restart coming out of turn 4 to get more seperation because of the sprints being so touchy.

If i remember correctly we only had to use the caution twice that whole weekend warrior season also.
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WFO Rainman
Last edit: by F1yer.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23016

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Lazy3 wrote:

VLR_Shock wrote: Where are you seeing only A Main results Lazy? If you click "see full results" on the home page you will see them all

Nope...still dont see them,all I see is points and what I just seen is fkn halarious to say the least,cause if I'm reading them points right I get credit for last place in the "B" even finishing behind the idiot that delibertly took me out,and also looks like he wasnt reprimanded for taking another car out delibertly but accesed 3 measly points for contact! I mean cmon man wtf? "CONTACT"? This is the exact BS that we been discussing here all along,DONT FKN DO IT AGAIN SB NEXT TIME ITS 4PTS! fk it dont be upset if I dont support this series anymore,which I doubt it would bother ya anyway.fkn contact.right,let me take your ass completly out n see if you call it contact!

I don't care what you do. I've been taken out intentionally at VLR before and there have been no penalties. Race wherever you have fun at.

SPOT GIVING

Spot giving will only be done for transfer spots to the A or B Main. No spot giving in the A Main. Penalties will be assessed for rough driving in the A Main.

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23017

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
You got more points than he did. Hey lets make a thread and bitch for five pages. Get over yourselves

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23031

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Download and watch the first 5 laps of this before questioning our restart rule. One of the "select few" (Shock) got wrecked on the first lap after the restarts were used up...lap 1 turn 1, just watch.

VLR-amain-kokomo-2nd.zip

Re: I AM DONE WITH DTR2 12 years 2 months ago #23035

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
I'll put in downloads it's not working here.
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 68 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form