Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Which track should F1yer make based on the pictures in the contest thread?

Hartford Speedway
1 1.9%
Speedway City, Australia
15 28.8%
Macon Speedway
1 1.9%
I-55 Speedway
3 5.8%
Pennsboro Speedway
16 30.8%
Stateline Speedway
3 5.8%
Canandiagua
13 25%
Total number of voters: 52 ( Papich91p, Karl, WFO Rainman, JFR17, BLS_34 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Re: Track contest 12 years 7 months ago #14492

They've got even more updates? That's great. my friend. I hav placed a bag of goodies further up about 6 postings ago. Shock I'm sure will tell us all how to delete our own post. Hey, just between U and me... Did luv your track of Macon, but I hope mine wins.
Well, it'sd goodnight from me, and it's goodnight from him. Goodnight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul D kiwi.

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15806

• F1yer
  • F1yer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • I fear no man,beast or evil, brother!
  • Thank you received: 364
bump
Better eat them fuckin vitamins kiddies.

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15824

Are you still going to chose a track to make even if only like 4 tracks have entered the contest so far?
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15829

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
if there are only 4 tracks we will just let everyone vote on 1 of those 4or 5 as the winner.not alot of interest in this contest so it will prob be the last 1 unless people show more interest.it really does suck that not alot of people took the initiative to make great presentations like you 4 or 5 guys did.

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15830

• xxx
  • xxx
  • Thank you received: 6
for pete sake , i suppose i will try to come up with something within the next few days
i wanted to giev everyone else a chance
xxx

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15832

• J-MAC
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
  • The Fan Favorite
  • Thank you received: 296
The only track I could have possibly gotten pics of to do would have been Syracuse....I want Fonda, I want Lebenon Valley, but I couldn't get pics and whatnot of those tracks. We got enough big draft tracks and Syracuse would have just been another.
A main wins: 151*'

B main wins: 50

C main wins: 5

D main wins: 1

Dash wins: 133

Heat race wins: 339***

Championships: 15*

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15834

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
"The Legendary" Pennsboro Speedway
Ritchie County,Pennsboro,W.Va
1/2 mile clay oval
Similar to Darlington w/ long sweeping turns on one end and short tight turns on the other.

The "Legendary" Pennsboro Speedway has been in excistence since the late 1800's. Horse races were once the main attraction but once the automobile came along it became one of the premier venues for stock car racing. It was Home for many years to the Dirt Track World Championship,"DTWC". It was also the Home of the infamous "Hillbilly 100". Here is a complete list of past winners of the DTWC@ Pennsboro.

Oct. 16, 2010 - Earl Pearson Jr., Jacksonville, FL
Oct. 17, 2009 - Jimmy Mars, Menomonie, WI
Oct. 16, 2008 - Brian Birkhofer, Muscataine, IA
Oct. 20, 2007 - Chub Frank, Bear Lake, PA
Oct. 21, 2006 – Shannon Babb, Moweaqua, Il
Oct. 15, 2005 – Scott Bloomquist, Mooreburg, TN
Oct. 16, 2004 - Rick Eckert, York, Pa
Oct. 19, 2003 - Darrell Lanigan, Union, Ky
Oct. 20, 2002 - Shannon Babb, Moweaqua, Ill
Oct. 21, 2001 - Bart Hartman, Zanesville, Ohio
Oct. 22, 2000 - Wendell Wallace, Batesville, Ark
Oct. 17, 1999 - Steve Francis, Ashland, Ky
Oct. 18, 1998 - Freddy Smith, Knoxville, Tenn
Oct. 19, 1997 - Marshall Green, Dalton, Ga
Oct. 27, 1996 - Billy Moyer, Batesville, Ark
Oct. 22, 1995 - Jack Boggs, Grayson, Ky Oct. 23, 1994 - Ronnie Johnson, Chattanooga, Tenn
Oct. 24, 1993 - Freddy Smith, Baton Rouge, La
Oct. 18, 1992 - Ronnie Johnson, Chattanooga, Tenn
Oct. 20, 1991 - Freddy Smith, Kings Mountain, N.C
Oct. 21, 1990 - Jack Boggs, Grayson, Ky
Oct. 22, 1989 - John Mason, Millersburg, Ohio
Oct. 16, 1988 - Donnie Moran, Frazeysburg, Ohio
Oct. 18, 1987 - Larry Moore, Dayton, Ohio
Oct. 19, 1986 - Billy Moyer Jr., Batesville, Ark
Oct. 27, 1985 - Freddy Smith, Kings Mountain, N.C.
Oct. 21, 1984 - Jack Boggs, Webbville, Ky.
Oct. 16, 1983 - Freddy Smith, Kings Mountain, N.C.
Oct. 17, 1982 - Charlie Swartz, Ashland, Ky.
Oct. 18, 1981 - Jim Dunn, Roseville, Ohio

DTWC AT PENNSBORO: DRIVERS REFLECT
March 1, 2008, 5:22 pm
Filed under: DTWC AT PENNSBORO: DRIVERS REFLECT | Tags: Carl Short, Dirt Track World Championship, Donnie Moran, DTWC, Freddy Smith, Jim Dunn, John Mason, Larry Moore, Rodney Combs,Pennsboro Speedway, "STARS" Short Track Auto Racing Series

Although it now appears that Pennsboro Speedway in West Virginia is just a fading and favorite memory for many in dirt Late Model racing, the magic and the mystique will always live on. The scene of some history-making races and the births of some careers, the DIRT TRACK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP at Pennsboro Speedway will always be looked back on favorably and with more than a noticeable twinge of nostalgia as the race now makes new exciting memories and adds new pages to the history books from its new home at KC Raceway in Waverly, OH.

Freddy Smith had been known as “Mr. Pennsboro” long before he won the DIRT TRACK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP five times. To many, Pennsboro is Smith’s track. When Smith first came to Pennsboro Speedway to race in July 1979 for the SPIRIT OF ’76 race, Smith dominated the affair.

In 1983 Smith scored his first DTWC win, the third edition of Carl Short’s extravaganza, after starting fifth and surviving 17 caution flags. Driving his then-famous Denny’s Marina sponsored Custom Chassis #00, Smith was coming off a win the previous month in Short’s HILLBILLY 100. Two years later he became the first repeat winner outrunning Dick Potts and Rodney Combs. And they kept coming. In all, Smith owns five DTWC victories.

During Smith’s long career he has raced at hundreds of tracks and won with nearly every sanctioning group that has existed. Among his HILLBILLY 100 and DTWC wins, Smith won the first ever $100,000 THE DREAM race at Eldora Speedway and numerous other high profile events all across the United States.

What does Mr. Pennsboro think of the DTWC and the legendary race track?

“The track had been really good to us,” stated Smith. “It was exciting and great to win shows there. The first time we went there we came up over the hill and, gee whiz, two bridges! Really an experience. Never ran on anything like that.”

It was with the third DTWC that Smith snared a win. He still remembers the excitement. “Great!” was how Smith described the win. “We never raced for money like that before, and we were traveling for a couple years then and it was great to know we could get up there and win a show like that.”

Smith was asked if there was considerable pre-race planning when going to Pennsboro.

“Not really,” said Smith. “Too many factors to take into account.
Besides, not always the fastest car wins. It depended on how and where you qualified. Been there many times when it was two grooved, like the time we rained out and we raced on Monday. The rain sure helped make it two grooved.”

“I’ve seen the track really nice when you can really pass- that’s good for the fans. Would like it to be two grooved all the time, but we’ve been fortunate to qualify up front a lot.”

As for his competition, when asked to look back and declare who were and are the toughest, Smith doesn’t have a ready-made list.

“All of them are,” proclaimed Smith. “There are so many racers who were running so good those days. Fifteen drivers could have won.”

Smith was also asked what the attraction was to the rustic old race track. “It didn’t change,” Smith responded. “Same old race track. Lot of people didn’t like it, they’d say they don’t like it, but they come back every year.”

Donnie Moran has been a player at Pennsboro Speedway for years, winning the HILLBILLY 100 multiple times and capturing the 1988 DTWC. He has fond memories of Pennsboro.

“It felt pretty darn good winning that race in 1988,” stated Moran.
“Pennsboro is a lot of luck. Don’t get a good qualifying spot, you’re done! It’s a challenge. You drive both ends completely different. One corner you sweep through and the other end you have to drive it like asphalt. There was no room for error.”

“When there were two grooves it was one of the best places to race. It was a blast! When you can get outside it was one of my favorite places to race. When it’s one lane, I hated it!”

Moran can’t be specific to name his toughest competition. There are too many variables when dealing with Pennsboro.

“Anybody can be tough,” said Moran. “It’s hard to say. 2-30 guys can be tough, tough, tough! You just never know. Look at Scott Bloomquist. He should have won it, had been in a position to, but it was his hard luck track.”

For two time STARS national champion Racin’ John Mason, his turn at making dirt Late Model history at Pennsoro came with his DTWC win in 1989. After coming to Pennsboro for years, Mason started yet another DTWC feature. In 1989 he started third, slipped back a few spots, but worked his way back up front.

By the halfway point he was in second behind Jack Boggs and took the lead on a high risk outside move on lap 63. Mason held on to win $48,000 in his CJ Rayburn/ Malcuit Racing Engines #72.

It was a day Mason won’t soon forget.

“I can’t describe winning it,” declared Mason. “I don’t think it really soaked in for three days, but it was a numbing experience. That’s all I can say: I was numb!”

Mason had showed up every year for the HILLBILLY 100 and DTWC and, having made the features 11 times, finally experienced the highest high.

“We’ve run the whole gamut at Pennsboro,” explained Mason. “We’ve won races, wrecked cars and went to the hospital. It means a lot to me, still one of the premier races and it’s hard to pass up.”

Mason also finds the mystique of the old track interesting.

“It’s the atmosphere,” said Mason. “The magic of Pennsboro, however you describe it. The fans are the atmosphere. If not for the fans on the hillside, even for 50 grand, it wouldn’t be nothing.”

When Larry Moore won the DTWC in 1987, he hauled back to his Dayton, Ohio area home a whopping $60,000. One of the sport’s greatest racers, and biggest winners, Moore was a regular fixture at Pennsboro Speedway and the DTWC for years.

In 1987 Moore, for the first time, had his own self-owned team. Down to one car and one motor, Moore made the trip to Pennsboro in ’87 and by virtue of winning the dash, earned the pole position. Moore took the lead and never looked back, as he and Freddy Smith pulled away from the field. During the latter stages Smith made several bold moves on Moore, but Moore held him off and took the win.

Who was one of the first in victory lane to shake hands and congratulate Moore? Freddy Smith.

“$60,000, it was just wonderful!” exclaimed Moore. “Biggest race I ever won. I already won three WORLD 100’s by then, but this was my biggest paying race and it was just wonderful!”

“Only year I ever drove for myself and I would have been in trouble financially if not for winning. I learned I didn’t need to own my own car.”

Moore wasn’t hesitant when asked to give his opinion of Pennsboro Speedway.

“It’s such a challenging track, quite different,” explained Moore.
“Never the same. That track can change two or three seconds over the course of a day. The last couple races I ran the track got faster earlier than usual. Usually you’re slow in the heats and fast in the feature.”

“It’s such an old place. Got so much character. People claim it’s terrible but they are always there. It’s quite a sentimental place, really neat. And that bridge!”

Rest In Peace, Pennsboro!

And long live the DTWC at KC Raceway!

This track just has so much history when it comes to Dirt Late Model Stock Car Racing! There is nothing that I can think of that has to do with this subject that would be complete without the mention of Pennsboro. So that is why I am nominating The Legendary Pennsboro Speedway to this contest. I know there has already been a pennsboro made for DTR2,however it needs to be redone. I hope this info will help make that happen. Thanks to all involved and best of luck to you all!

kylejonesracinpix.tripod.com/id58.html

More pics and info can be found simply by searching "Pennsboro Speedway" on Google.

My friends here in DTR2,
For those of you not familiar with the history of Pennsboro Speedway,I'd like to share a story with you.This is the story of the man that won the very 1st Dirt Track World Championship at Pennsboro in 1981.Some of you may know him,some may not,however it is my wish that after reading this you will take a second to reflect on the many blessings we have in our lives,including and most importantly just being here to have the oppritunity to enjoy this game and the many friends we have made here.It's not hard to take these things for granted sometimes and lose sight of reality.Fact is none of us knows what tomarrow holds,or how quickly our lives can change.It could all be over in a blink of an eye.So take an extra moment this Thanksgiving to actually give thanks for what you have and the many blessings you have recieved in your life.Here's wishing you "my DTR2 friends" the Happiest of Thanksgivings!
BLS_ Lazy3

The Legend Of A Race and A Racer
By Doc Lehman

When one thinks back to Pennsboro Speedway, the grand old dame, it brings forth an abundance of memories. Memories that make you smile. Memories that make you feel fortunate that you were there. There is a “club”, nothing official, but a “club” nonetheless that is made up of people who were at the very first Dirt Track World Championship (DTWC) back in 1981.

Beyond it being a memorable race, well, event, actually, although the race was foremost in quality and sheer excitement, there is one particular turn of events that stands out front and center whenever any two people discuss the first DTWC. Jim Dunn’s weekend! Sure, Jim Dunn won the first DTWC, and in such a dramatic fashion that no Hollywood scriptwriter would consider it, for fear of it appearing too hokey. Which is why you have to look at Jim Dunn’s most incredible weekend to get the whole story of that history making day.

Pennsboro Speedway, which originally operated as a horse track beginning way back in 1887, has been an auto racing facility for many years. It first came into national prominence with the very first DTWC in 1981. Promoter Carl Short gambled heavily presenting the first DTWC which paid the then unheard of sum of $30,000 to win out of a $100,000 plus purse. Short had begun to establish Pennsboro with making the
Hillbilly 100 a high profile event with hefty purses. He also had successful events in the Spirit of ’76 and Mason-Dixon races. But the DTWC was above and beyond all previous ventures held at the Ritchie County grounds.

Short’s gamble at promoting a high dollar race paid off beyond expectations. A massive crowd, huge car count and a storybook race winner in Jim Dunn. If ever there was a “Cinderella” story in dirt Late Model racing, it was Jim Dunn’s story.

Jim Dunn’s win and the circumstances that took him to victory lane are now firmly entrenched in dirt Late Model racing folklore. Dunn, of Roseville, OH, a school teacher, had been a Late Model racer who was well liked and well known throughout Ohio, but virtually unheard of beyond the Buckeye state’s borders. Dunn came to the first DTWC believing that it may be his last race, at least as a car owner. The season had been financially stressful, to say the least.

Capturing the last position to transfer to the B Main, Dunn decided to chuck it in and head for home. When the team’s hauler wouldn’t start they decided to work on the car, which was badly damaged in the heat race, and take a shot at the last chance race since they were stuck there.

Call it destiny, call it divine intervention, call it whatever you want, Jim Dunn was destined ... fated ... to be there that weekend.

He went through the field and qualified for the main event through the B Main. At least Dunn and his team could count on start money!

Dunn started the DTWC in 23rd position and the most amazing thing happened… his car started working and getting faster! Lap after lap Dunn picked off cars and before he realized it he had cracked the top ten, then the top five, and before he knew it he had race leader Rodney Combs in front of him. With a bold and daring outside move, Dunn made it around Combs with 12 laps to go and held on to win the inaugural DWTC and the three certified $10,000 checks Short had waiting for the winner.

The win saved Dunn’s racing team, set him up for the next season and made him a national star. The nice guy, modest to a fault, had taken on and beaten the very best the sport had to offer. And he did it on one of the country’s most challenging race tracks.

Dunn would have 18 months to enjoy the national spotlight as he traveled all across the Midwest and south running All Star and NDRA races. In 1982 Dunn captured the All Star Circuit of Champions Late Model Points Championship title and then at the beginning of the 1983 season he won right off the bat in Florida during Speedweeks. The start of another potentially great season, however, would be tragically cut short a few months later.

On May 8, 1983, Dunn and his fiancée, Marsha Fisher, and Dunn crewmembers Bill “Bondo” Bonifant and Rocky Carr, were at the Paducah International Raceway for a big NDRA race. During the course of the feature race, a multi-car accident occurred which resulted in a devastating fire that took Dunn’s life. His star had been in warp speed since that special October afternoon in 1981. He was on top of his game, known nationwide and extremely popular with race fans. That horrific night Jim Dunn had the world before him. He was going to be a father and had planned to wed Marsha in a just a few short weeks.

In an instant it was all over.

In the nearly 18 years since Jim Dunn’s untimely passing his memory and legend has been kept alive by his thousands of fans who enjoyed his racing, his personality and his achievements. Dunn was a bit like the northern version of someone like Freddy Smith, a real gentleman with scores of fans. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who had a disparaging word to say about Jim Dunn, whether it be a fan, driver or promoter.

Having had the opportunity to speak with Rocky Carr, who served as a member of Dunn’s crew throughout his career, I was naturally curious about Jim Dunn’s career and life. Carr was a neighbor to the Dunn’s and at the age of nine began hanging around Dunn’s garage when Jim first dabbled in racing. By the time he was 16, Carr was involved with Dunn team car on a full time basis along with head wrench Bill “Bondo” Bonifant.

When asked what he remembered about winning the first DTWC, Carr was forthcoming.

“We got tore up in the heat,” explained Carr. “We were going to go home, but the hauler wouldn’t start so Carroll (Jim’s father) said get the parts we need and get the car fixed, we weren’t going anywhere. So we decided to try and race. I remember working on the car till late at night. It was dark most of the time we worked on it and finished it up the next morning.”

The team made repairs, ran the B Main, qualified and started 23rd in the DWTC feature.

“We didn’t think we had a chance of winning,” admitted Carr. “We were never contenders to win there before, but Jim was good at gearing and set up and we kept getting faster. It was really exciting. Bondo had the watch on him and noticed everyone else was running slower laps as the race wore on, but Jim’s times stayed the same and with, what, 12 laps to go or something, we got by Rodney and won. Yeah, it was exciting!”

The win, and the money, came at the right time.

“After Pennsboro he showed me, in his books, where he had spent $60,000-$70,000 that year to race,” said Carr. “He said winning Pennsboro, the team broke even that year. He kept meticulous records, with monthly figures on his motor bill and all. He kept a set up book, too. I still have his set up book.”

“That year we sure needed the boost. That win kept us going and if we didn’t win he would have had to probably drive for someone else, which he didn’t want to do. He drove for Denny Roth in ’82, but preferred to do it on his own.”

Speaking with Carr about Dunn’s sudden death, an apparent sadness crept into his voice.

“It didn’t start out good once we got there,” Carr related about that fateful NDRA race in Kentucky. “He complained about the car. It was terrible, we had to start in the back of the field and it was very dusty. I can remember the track conditions were terrible but Jim said, well, we’re here, let’s run and make the best of it.”

“The wreck happened on the backstretch. It was hard to see but it looked like Jim never let up, he came full bore. I can remember watching Jim right after the wreck. We thought he was just checking things out. Making sure everything was in one piece but I guess he must have been knocked out. Then the fire erupted. It didn’t start right away, but it started and it took off and it was over.”

Watching helplessly were Carr, Bonifant and Dunn’s fiancée, Marsha Fisher.

“I’m glad I didn’t have to make the call to Jim’s parents,” said Carr.

The team was devastated. Carr had lost his friend, as had Bondo. And Marsha lost her future husband.

“They were going to get married in a couple weeks,” added Carr.

Marsha eventually gave birth to Jim’s son, Brandon James Dunn.

Two weeks later St. Clairsville Speedway held an All Star Circuit of Champions sanctioned race which was dubbed the Jim Dunn Memorial, and which Donnie Moran won. Jim Dunn’s parents, crew and fiancée were all there that night.

“It was real nice,” remembered Carr. “They brought us all onto the track and gave us artwork of Jim’s car. I remember Bill Moore and Bert Emick being there. Donnie and Charlie Swartz and, I think, Ray Godsey, they finished in the top three. They gave us their trophies.”

“Everyone liked Jim,” Carr reflected. “He always had time for everyone. Jim got the most out of his equipment with what he had. After Pennsboro people put him in the same category as Combs, Moore and Swartz. And I thought he was at their level but he didn’t think so. He was very modest. Another thing was, with Jim it was always ‘We”, never ‘I’ did this, and ‘I’ did that. It was always ‘we’. I was pretty young and he included me as ‘we’. I liked that.”

Carr assures that if Jim were still around today he would be as competitive as anyone. And still be having fun.

“Jim would like the cars today, especially the bodies and low spoilers,” stated Carr. “He was hoping they would do something with the bodies, which they did the next year.”

I wondered how Carr would like to have Jim remembered.

“Remember him as a good competitor, and that he was fair to everyone,” offered Carr. “And a clean driver.”

I asked Carr how he viewed racing since Dunn’s accident.

“Racing, well, that accident, it left a bad taste in my mouth for a long time,” commented Carr. “I quit going to races for a long time. Just gave it up. But, I guess, time heals all wounds. I went back to Pennsboro about (nine years) ago, but it wasn’t the same. But I guess I’m coming around.”

These days Carr is a family man. He has a family room that is decorated with many of Jim Dunn’s trophies and several photos are on display. Rocky Carr will never forget the cherished times he spent with one of dirt Late Model racing’s greatest heroes.

And his best friend.

Who, deservedly, was inducted into the first class of the National Dirt Late Model Hall of Fame.

©2007 Doc Lehman/Dirt America

Jim,Godspeed my friend!

Last edit: by Lazy3.

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15837

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I've been there...sitting on that hillside sucked lol. Fun weekend though.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15840

im about 50 miles from track was there this past su,mmer looked in poor shape and rummers say soon be gone becuse county trying sale land to other ppl to use for what ever but a groupe trying to save it to so

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15841

the make shock did wasnt to bad was relistic ai sucked thought and dip in turn 3 other wise 98% rate from me

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15842

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Actually VLR_Matt made the other Pennsboro...F1yer has talked about making it off and on though. I wish it would open back up but doesn't look like it will happen at all.

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15844

no and when i was there the creek swallowed back straight some of it so its fading in memrys shame let such a great place go hell

Re: Track contest 12 years 6 months ago #15846

• xxx
  • xxx
Stateline Speedway
Busti New York
www.stateline-speedway.com/
1/3 miles low banked clay oval (actually id call it mid banked)
they have 7 classes each race night - Lates , Emods , Crates , Limited Lates , Cadets , Sportsman(weird little car kinda like a sprint and a gokart together) , Stocks

Been racing for 55 years , 2012 will be 56th year

has formly held sanction such as STARS , MACS , WoO LMS
currently holds races with ULMS , UEMS(mods) , Patriot Sprint Tour
in 2012 scheduled already is a Lucas Oil race

2011 Late Model Drivers some may recoginze :
Dutch Davies (Ron Davies -WoO Rookie Contender 2011- younger brother)
David Scott
Dick Barton
Randy Lobb (John Lobb's brother -WoO Rookie Contender 2011)
Greg Oakes - 2 time ODLM Point Champ , past 2 years
Dave Hess Jr
John Lobb - WoO Rookie Contender
Boom Briggs

Nationaly known Drivers who cut thier teeth at Stateline :
Chub Frank
Ron Davies

photos of past 4 seasons :
sdc.exposuremanager.com/

also on youtube many many videos of old timers talkin about the track

and this is a track that is close enough too me that i culd drive an hour and get photos from for any and all angles that would help in creation
xxx

Last edit: by xxx.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16228

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
bump

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16358

• Gates
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
  • Thank you received: 5
I'd like to see River City Raceway in Eau Claire, WI...

Closed down in the late 70s/early 80s so pics are REALLY hard to find...heres all I could really find...

I got pics on my cell I can text to whoever takes this challenge of what it looks like now...

Info on it: Was a quarter mile track with about the banking of Bloomington...

http://lostspeedway.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=132240834

[img]http://www.terraserver.com/view.asp?cx=613976&cy=4957039&proj=32615&mpp=1.5&pic=img&prov=dg19&stac=1055&ovrl=-1&drwl=-1 [img]http://teamvlr.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ManorPunky_1973_02.jpg[/img]
2016 Stats:

Wins: 4

Top 3's: 4

Championships: 0
Attachments:

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16408

8 Days Left
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16461

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
heres a link to all the pics ive got of pennsboro speedway.
teamvlr.com/community-menu/downloads/doc...-pennsboro-pics.html

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16566

• king*
  • Late Model
  • Late Model
Well, i wanted to be the last one to make a request so its the latest one looked at. but I wanted to request Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

There is a DW version on dtr2 already, it is almost realistic, but in a way its not at all. i have gathered a ton of pictures and overviews and birdseye views of the track. very detailed images in different folders labeled by the turn, logo,sponsors, and everything.

This is a Track in Canandaigua, NY also known as the Land Of Legends. it is a half mile. All the details needed are in this folder, i will upload it to the site and edit this post.

Canandaigua Motorsports Park Photos

If the file doesnt work, click the link, and scrolll down until you see Canandaigua Motorsports park If neither work for some reason, get me on yahoo at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Hope i win B)

Last edit: by king*.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16689

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Bump. Thread contest is over at midnight with a poll going up tomorrow for a vote on winning choice. Not sure when voting ends, yet.

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16694

• F1yer
  • Muscle
  • Muscle
poll will stay up till dec 7th

Last edit: by VLR_Shock.
Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 18 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form