Saturday, May 18, 2024

VLR FAST 10'S ARE BACK

VLR Fast 10's are BACK (2023)! Click here to view! Simply join 74.91.122.77:32263 IP in DTR2 and set the laps to 10 in default late models for your time to show up!

To get the game to work online, simply download RivaTuner Statistics Server and click the + sign to add dtr2.exe and then set the frame rate to be 120FPS!

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Which track should F1yer make based on the pictures in the contest thread?

Hartford Speedway
1 1.9%
Speedway City, Australia
15 28.8%
Macon Speedway
1 1.9%
I-55 Speedway
3 5.8%
Pennsboro Speedway
16 30.8%
Stateline Speedway
3 5.8%
Canandiagua
13 25%
Total number of voters: 52 ( Papich91p, Karl, WFO Rainman, JFR17, BLS_34 ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16966

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Team VLR - Racing since 2004
  • Thank you received: 483
I mean who the fk is Howie Feltersnatch, shitinajar, Ben Dover, Chapin, Poop IN a Jar? Never seen these people race. I'm sure it'd be entertaining though.
Team VLR - Racing since 2004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16967

• steven#9sprint
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Speedway City ftw... Thanks William for letting me know about this, I would love to race you guys but my internet is crap, you will find there probably are many aussies that race offline because of internet issues.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16968

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
This is starting to sound like the same old shit that has always damaged DTR2 and DTR people wanting/complaining/fighting etc.. Its a contest and let it be contested by the rules F1lyer set not by the mob rules ...I think anyone whom took the time to enter should be thanked as its shows that people still care for the game..So please lets be fair and be nice !!! JMO Al Lewis-Yenko2

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16969

• AussieStockfan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Daniel for letting me know about this, Kudos to who ever made this site it is great might have to go find the DTR2 disk now :)

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16970

• mark#6amca
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Same guy off of Speedway Australia forum...?

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16971

• AussieStockfan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

mark#6amca wrote: Same guy off of Speedway Australia forum...?

yep :) didn't know this game still existed with a community so strong :)

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16972

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

yenko2 wrote: This is starting to sound like the same old shit that has always damaged DTR2 and DTR people wanting/complaining/fighting etc.. Its a contest and let it be contested by the rules F1lyer set not by the mob rules ...I think anyone whom took the time to enter should be thanked as its shows that people still care for the game..So please lets be fair and be nice !!! JMO Al Lewis-Yenko2

Are you talking to me? :huh:

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16973

• Kartracer1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Same thanks for letting me know about this Mark. Nice site they have here.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16974

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thanks for telling me about this site Willie-Jo. Will make my vote now

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16975

• flavel#2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Anything to help my brother out, thanks william

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16976

Huh? I posted this on another forum in their Speedway Games section I have not idea who these people are I think one is my brother and some are from uni where I am now, well I think most of them are from my uni haha but they still play DTR2.
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16977

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Lazy3 wrote: 50? lol how'd ya come up with that # when only 29 have voted? You should be happy.Thats more people joining your site.My wife n son both joined but if you really think that makes it a rigged vote I'll explain to them to get back on and retract them.

1. You know what I meant about the 50 thing.

2. Joining the site to vote on a poll means nothing to me unless we see them racing in dtr2 or making posts.

3. I wasn't referring to you when I posted that. I was talking in general terms. I see that your wife and son voted. That's fine with me. But now everyone is making more and more accounts of their own person to get their vote higher. You took the time to make a post on why it should be Pennsboro so I see where you're coming from. I mean look at some of the names that have voted...they are just goofball names that we know have to be the same person. I think F1yer is gonna end up making Pennsboro anyway whether it wins or not.

I think if everyone truly voted one time only then Canandaigua would be leading with Pennsboro a close second. But some people have voted multiple times for both tracks, and I'm not talking about you.

I know a lot of guys on here are from the northeast so I think that's why Canandaigua would be leading. If the poll was on the home page we could se it by IP so only one IP at a time could vote and I think you'd be surprised at the vote.

But like I said earlier, it's not even my contest, just hate to see stuff ruined by what is essentially cheating, but at least people are passionate enough about their track to make multiple accounts I guess. When one person does it and another sees it, they do the same and it gets bigger and bigger until the results end up being skewed. Once again I'm talking in general and not specifically to you Lazy.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16978

• VLR_Shock
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

William11 wrote: Huh? I posted this on another forum in their Speedway Games section I have not idea who these people are I think one is my brother and some are from uni where I am now, well I think most of them are from my uni haha but they still play DTR2.

Do you have a link to the thread? :D

I hope Speedway City wins so I won't have to do it, but if I do do it again I'll make it from a dtr2 track this time and not that POS I tried to make it from before

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16980

VLR_Shock wrote:

William11 wrote: Huh? I posted this on another forum in their Speedway Games section I have not idea who these people are I think one is my brother and some are from uni where I am now, well I think most of them are from my uni haha but they still play DTR2.

Do you have a link to the thread? :D

I hope Speedway City wins so I won't have to do it, but if I do do it again I'll make it from a dtr2 track this time and not that POS I tried to make it from before

australianspeedway.com/showthread.php?t=43509 heres a link to the thread, I doubt it will win but was worth a try, yeh a dtr2 track base would of helped.
" No, he didn't slam into you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you...he RUBBED you. And rubbin, son, is racin'."

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16982

• Slammer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

yenko2 wrote: This is starting to sound like the same old shit that has always damaged DTR2 and DTR people wanting/complaining/fighting etc.. Its a contest and let it be contested by the rules F1lyer set not by the mob rules ...I think anyone whom took the time to enter should be thanked as its shows that people still care for the game..So please lets be fair and be nice !!! JMO Al Lewis-Yenko2

Well said Yenko!

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16983

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"
  • Thank you received: 46
I mean Pennsboro has three pics and a 10,000 word essay that I didn't read

Well I'll be damned! Thanks Buddy! If I knew it wouldnt be read I wouldnt had wasted my fkn time! Maybe if you had read it you might have seen just what this DTR2 community meant to me,that includes you and everyone else here! FYI and everyone else's I wasnt making a presentation for a fkn racetrack just because I live close to it! I was making a presentation for why I thought that Pennsboro should be made for DTR2! Not just made but made great! Made as good if not better then any ever.Not because I live close to it but because of what it is! because of its History with Late Model Dirt Racing! If you had took the time to read the presentation I made in its entirety then maybe you would understand it wasnt about being my home track,its about more than that,something deeper,something more special,something I'm not sure you can understand shock even if you did go read it now.Its obviously not important enough to you to look any further than pictures.Which is probably the case for most. Hell if I had to make a choice just on pics I wouldnt vote for pennsboro either.But ya know what, if it wasnt for Pennsboro you might not be enjoying this game you spend day in and day out on! Dirt Late Model racing may never had been what it is without Pennsboro ever having been! Its history is more grand than you can ever imagine.Pennsboro to dirt late model racing is like Daytona to nascar! The oldest,the grandest the most majestic! I have tears in my eyes right now just thinkin about her! Had a lot of em too while trying to make a presentation for you all here in DTR2! On Thanksgiving no less! Trying to make you all a good presentation and having to relive the memories of friends of mine like Jim Dunn.This was never about me Shock! Or my home track.Hell theres a lot of tracks I can think of I like to race on more than pennsboro.I was just trying to pay it its due! I know flyer and deadbolt read it because they posted even more pics after my Thanksgiving edit on it.Has a matter of fact deadbolt posted a then and now vid that brought tears to my wifes and my eyes.Have a look see at it..pause it at 2.34 into it and you'll see where I was one Sunday afternoon on the inside of turn 4 25 yrs or so ago.I know to most of you all this is just a game,but to me this is my life.I was in a late model the very first year they called them late models! I was winning LM championships long before the best part of some of these kids ran down thier Mama's leg! I thought and even knew I had earned the respect of many of the drivers and fans in late model dirt racing.When my kid showed me this game I thought wow thats cool! I thought it was great once I figured out how to get around the tracks here.It sure helped to kill time on these long cold n snowy W.Va nights.But now it has come to the point its no fun anymore.If sq1 isnt coming in drunk ruining the fun for everyone else,then its always someone crying! You bump someone in a race and after its over their ramming you into a fence! You have kids barely out of diapers telling you to get the fuck outta thier way! Karl is right the disrespect and filth in this game and especially this site and on this forum is redicolous! And dont preach to me about fkn freedom of speech! What about my grankids rights?And everyone elses childrens rights? I dont let my grankids on here unless its offline because I dont subject them to that kind of crap at home I'll be damned if I'm gonna let them have to listen to it or see it on here! It would be so nice Shock if you had the balls to stand up and make your site a respectable place for everyone young and old.You have a great thing going here,only bad part is you cant run it,the guest do! You all can get mad at me like you did Karl if you want to but to tell you the truth I really dont give a shit! Unless you have the backbone to drive up here and tell me to my face so I can shake your hand or send you packing wearing your ass for a hat dont bother to say anything to me at all! If you cant respect me then your best off not to say anything to me.I dont disrespect any of you guys on here! So I dont think I should have to listen to anyone disrespecting me! As of right now Shock its my wish that you retract my vote,my wife and sons vote and all of our accounts from VLR.I'm sorry I wasted my time makin a presentation now.If I knew ya'll was only gonna look at pictures I wouldnt have bothered.I have took down all my servers which I had graciously paid for and were using to advertising for all leagues including yours with active series running trying to help get more people involved in the league events.Only one league said thank you! Hell I even got kicked off my own server then asked who the hell did I think I was lol ...kinda funny eh? Well not really,kind of just pisses me off and just adds fuel to the fire I already have burnin! I'm sry but I'm done at this moment I'm really beside myself thinkin no one read that presentation,man thats just a bummer.Well I did wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving but I guess no one knew it because they never read it lol wondered why no one wished it back at the end of that post...oh well! w/e I'm outta here cya's

Last edit: by Lazy3.

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16984

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"

VLR_Shock wrote:

Lazy3 wrote: 50? lol how'd ya come up with that # when only 29 have voted? You should be happy.Thats more people joining your site.My wife n son both joined but if you really think that makes it a rigged vote I'll explain to them to get back on and retract them.

1. You know what I meant about the 50 thing.

2. Joining the site to vote on a poll means nothing to me unless we see them racing in dtr2 or making posts.

3. I wasn't referring to you when I posted that. I was talking in general terms. I see that your wife and son voted. That's fine with me. But now everyone is making more and more accounts of their own person to get their vote higher. You took the time to make a post on why it should be Pennsboro so I see where you're coming from. I mean look at some of the names that have voted...they are just goofball names that we know have to be the same person. I think F1yer is gonna end up making Pennsboro anyway whether it wins or not.

I think if everyone truly voted one time only then Canandaigua would be leading with Pennsboro a close second. But some people have voted multiple times for both tracks, and I'm not talking about you.

I know a lot of guys on here are from the northeast so I think that's why Canandaigua would be leading. If the poll was on the home page we could se it by IP so only one IP at a time could vote and I think you'd be surprised at the vote.

But like I said earlier, it's not even my contest, just hate to see stuff ruined by what is essentially cheating, but at least people are passionate enough about their track to make multiple accounts I guess. When one person does it and another sees it, they do the same and it gets bigger and bigger until the results end up being skewed. Once again I'm talking in general and not specifically to you Lazy.

I voted one time,and they voted one time each,they nor I made up accounts with stupid ass names!

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16985

• yenko2
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • 815-545-1306
  • Thank you received: 0
No Shock nothing at you as you are one of the few whom I would call DTR2 holdouts and love the game and will fight to keep it going hell or high water..Just that all the in fighting/backstabing that goes on nowadays gets a little childish and imature..This was a community at one time and this maybe the last stronghold and I want to see it go on and survive..Just would like to see some commity survive and grow ..maybe never will be the same as it was years ago but with people like you Shock and the BLS and other groups it will survive providing you all don't kill each other off ..LOL !!! So just a little history lesson for you all..learn to give and take and learn to love what you have and learn from your mistakes..Nuff said.!! Thanks to all DTR2 /DTR/DTRSC people out there as it has been a wonderful time and the future still looks bright...Al Lewis/Yenko2

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16986

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"

king* wrote: Why don't ya call your aunts and uncles and have them vote as well, and every other person you know that has never and will never race on a dtr2 track. That's the reason the vote is for registered and signed in people only, so the same person can't vote for the track 55 times. Its for the dtr2 community, not pennsboro community.

Ok King...sry for replying like a smart ass before,not like me to do that,but if your gonna make a smart ass remark you should expect to get one back. So now that thats out of the way let me just say what I should've said in the first place. You young man dont have a clue wth your talkin about,first of all my son does play this game,who do you think got me started? 2nd of all my wife is right here in the same room most of the time,she actually probably knows more about whats goin on here somtimes than I do.I know she's been deeper into this forum and this site than I ever have.Shes funny that way just because she knows how involved I am and will browse around here when I'm out then fill me in later.Now I admit she dont play the game,but she has messed around in the browser a bit.But she's a lot like Mama Tiger and just supports her other half and what he likes to do.I know this may be hard for a seventh grader to understand but I'm sure if you try you'll figure it out.Fact is to me she is just as much a part of this dtr2 community as you or anyone else here is and I'll stand behind her 100%! I didnt ask her to do what she did,as a matter of fact she told me she was going to and I told her go for it if thats what she wanted.Now she's upset because she feels like she made the kids cry.So now I'm upset,because I'm funny that way when she gets upset I get upset.So I think I know now what I'm gonna do next. tc kid

Re: Track contest 12 years 5 months ago #16989

• Lazy3
  • Series Champion
  • Series Champion
  • "Call me the Breeze"

VLR_Shock wrote: The fact is the contest was supposed to be about who put the most effort and best presentation into why their track should be made (Though it is not my contest so this is only my opinion.)

I thought Speedway City and Hartford had the most effort put in and if it was based on the effort and desire these guys had for these tracks to be made then they should be doing higher than they are.

I mean Pennsboro has three pics and a 10,000 word essay that I didn't read. But words don't help show the details of the track that a track maker needs to build with. And unless the person typed all those words out I don't think it's as hard to copy and paste words about a track as it is to actually go out and go to the track and get as many pictures as you can like you see at Hartford and Speedway City.

Regardless, it's obviously coming down to people voting for the track in their region or whichever track they've been to or whatever. That's fine and understandable, if my local track was an option I'd probably vote for it, too. But really F1yer posted in the beginning talking about putting effort into your submission.

nice presentations guys! and both nice tracks.hopefully we can get some more guys put this much effort into this contest and we can get some more good tracks for dtr2.william just old onto those pics for now.

If everyone truly voted by the effort I think Hartford, Speedway City, and then Canandaigua would be the top three, with Macon, I-55, and Pennsboro somewhere in the middle. JMO

why..thats the keyword! My presentation was about why! yes thats it.

Moderators: BLS_34
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Who's Online?

We have 44 guests and no members online

Custom Code

Login Form